Roof rail installation

-

1970duster440

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics or a diagram of how roof rails in a 70 Duster go in? Trying to put mine in that I didn't remove. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by the roof rails?
C

Is that what you mean?

U1.jpg

Roof rail is the name I found when I ordered the new rubber. It is the metal rail that holds the gasket that the top and back side of the door glass seals against. Yes that looks like the rail in the picture. Do you happen to have a diagram that shows it better or in more detail? Guess I'm answering both replys at the same time.

they should have a foam style gasket on the back that insulates it from rattling, and should just screw into place. then you can put the roof rail weatherstrip in.

In addition to what's been shared already, I have a video clip on my site or you can download it from this link. The link will expire one week from today:

http://senduit.com/8c7ced

It's a 16 mb divx/avi file. You'll want a fast connection to download it. Should work in Media Player but if you have problems, let me know. There's a fair amount detail about the roof rails and weatherstrips.

You are welcome 1970Duster440 but I think Preston's video is far more relaxing and not at all confusing like those schematics!

If you only get sound and no picture after downloading you may need the Divx video codec installed on your machine. You can download it free here:

http://www.divx.com/

It's a hassle, I know. When I get some time I'll upload it and other videos to Youtube or something. They can also be viewed on my site.

Thanks vkarapanos. The schematics can be very helpful too. Thanks for taking the time to post them!

Thanks Preston and vkarapanos. The video and schematics are very helpful. It's tough when you try to put something back together that someone else took apart and no instuctions to go by either. Glad we have FABO and a great bunch of guys to help out. Thanks again.

-
Back