Roof rail Seal

-

66GTDART

Reaction score
Have been looking for new Roof rail seals for 1966 Dodge Dart GT.
Can only find them for 64-65's and 67's up.
Question, does anybody have a idea which would be best to use.
Any help would be great. Thx

I think the seals are the same as 63-65. They have to be. '67 was the third generation. You have a second gen. I have a Chrysler parts catalog for the '65 year I got at MyMopar, and it's been a extremely helpful.

Last edited:
Tim suggested Steele. They don't list one for '66 either. What's different with this model??? I'm on a mission.

I found them! At least I found a manufacturer that sells them listed as for '63-'66. You were right on about no one showing the same part # for the '66, but if you look at the cars side by side, they're pretty much identical. You won't be able to use the '67 because the quarter panel is way different.
Since I'm new here, I can't post web addresses, so you figure this out: Just Mopar, after this you put the .com part. The part # is RR4006-A. Anyway, according to the Chrysler manuals I looked at, the parts appear to be the same. But, those manuals are written in code, and it took me forever to locate just where the part #'s were. Good luck.

The roof and trim on '65 & '66 Darts are identical.

I have a '64 and would have thought from 64-66 would be the same? I have heard there are LOTS of little differences between 63 and the 64-66.
I have also discovered a similar situation with rear windscreen rubbers, sellers seem to list one for 63, nothing at all for 64, and list another one for 65-66. I have no idea what the difference would be between 64 and the 65-66 rear screens, so I bought a 65 rubber and it seems to fit (or is less leaky than the original one)...

Getting in a bit late on this, but you might try looking at Classic Industries. They carry roof rail weatherstrip. Right now they are having a sale on and you might save a little money.

Pretty steep for a couple pieces of rubber, right?

Perhaps, but when you have to cover costs associated with prototyping, making moulds and tooling, maybe its not too bad. At this time early a-bodies have not quite caught up to other models in popularity, as that changes costs might come down. In the meantime I guess we need to decide which we prefer: leaking windows and possible rust problems, or a nice new rubber. My current car (1964 Dart GT) is my first American car, I'm more experienced with Australian Valiant models, so I was pretty excited to read a catalogue and be able to buy whatever I needed off the rack, can't do that for the Australian cars!

I found them! At least I found a manufacturer that sells them listed as for '63-'66. You were right on about no one showing the same part # for the '66, but if you look at the cars side by side, they're pretty much identical. You won't be able to use the '67 because the quarter panel is way different.
Since I'm new here, I can't post web addresses, so you figure this out: Just Mopar, after this you put the .com part. The part # is RR4006-A. Anyway, according to the Chrysler manuals I looked at, the parts appear to be the same. But, those manuals are written in code, and it took me forever to locate just where the part #'s were. Good luck.
I am trying to order a roof rail weatherstrip for my 64 Dart GT. Is this the correct part number? Metro is even confused on the proper part number. But this is the correct part number for a 64 Barracuda.

-
Back