Roof Skins and Headliners

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
As a part of the resto-mod project for my 69 Dart we are using the roof skin off of a 75 Dart. My question is after the skin swap will the car still use the original headliner style with the bows or the molded style found on 72-76 Darts?

The roof "skin" is the exact same on all Darts from 1967 to 1976. Even if you cut the whole roof off your car (inner structure included)and install the 75 roof, it will still have the holes for the head liner bows.

The roof "skin" is the exact same on all Darts from 1967 to 1976. Even if you cut the whole roof off your car (inner structure included)and install the 75 roof, it will still have the holes for the head liner bows.

I guess that is what I was wondering, because it looked like the headliner styles were different after 72. I wasn't sure if the how the headliner mounts is dependent on the roof skin of the inner structure. The 72-76 cars use a molded headliner. So I assume by your answer that I can order the headliner for a 69 and just install that?

-
Back