Roof to rain gutter...sealer?

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
In the area where the roof meets the drip rail area on a 70 Duster, was there any type of sealer used from the factory?

I've seen other brands that call it body seam sealer. I used to have some, but since the move I still haven't found everything.

Can someone please post a good closeup of this area. The bodyshop that is working on my car is asking if I have any pics of the way it should have been from the factory. Somewhere along the line, someone scraped it off on my car.

Dont have any pics but the method of application is doning a caulking gun and squirting it out along the rain gutter then smoothing it down with your finger. Not really tough. No rocket science here.
Small Block

Can someone please post a good closeup of this area. The bodyshop that is working on my car is asking if I have any pics of the way it should have been from the factory. Somewhere along the line, someone scraped it off on my car.

Don't have a 70 but 64 & 67 is like the pics, hope they help!
Drip rail sealer, sells at NAPA too!:cheers:

Good luck with the body man needing help with drip rail sealer!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Don't have a 70 but 64 & 67 is like the pics, hope they help!
Drip rail sealer, sells at NAPA too!:cheers:

Good luck with the body man needing help with drip rail sealer!

I may need it!! However with that said if he wants detail shots I will try to get them! Keep in mind this a /6 car we dealing with not a OEM show car, more of a budget garage built car!

I think he was also questioning if there was sealer used on the both sides of the channel? I could be wrong but I think that might have been why he asked for a picture??

A two-part self leveling seam sealer is the way to go. 3M and Lord Fusor make them. For me, Fusor #129 came the closest to the original material in color, texture, and hardness. I filled it to about 3/16" below the gutter edge. You can sand the stuff if need be. I'd tape off each side of the gutter before applying and then pull the tape for a clean edge.

A two-part self leveling seam sealer is the way to go. 3M and Lord Fusor make them. For me, Fusor #129 came the closest to the original material in color, texture, and hardness. I filled it to about 3/16" below the gutter edge. You can sand the stuff if need be. I'd tape off each side of the gutter before applying and then pull the tape for a clean edge.

took the words right out of my mouth.. we use both these products at my work and ther are awsome

-
Back