Rotisseries

-

TopBanana

A-Body Fanatic!
Reaction score
I think I may have FINALLY convinced the wife to let me buy a rotisserie to finish my 73 Dart Sport.

So the big question is: WHAT BRAND?!?!?!

So far I can find these brands...
Whirly Jig
Bottoms Up
Roto 2000
Accessible Systems
Direct Lift
Auto Twirler
Roto Body
Champ

Has anyone used any or several of these? Any preferences? Find anything you did not like about it?

Please help while the check book is still open! ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.

One advantage I have is Greg Smith Equipment sells Direct Lift and is very local to me. Also Mopars @ Carlisle is coming up and I know Whirly Jig will be there. Both these options will save shipping.

Thanks in advance

My wife bought me the bottomsup 2000-3000 a couple of years ago but she never put it together yet. I opened the crate and it looks like good quality work. If I had it to do over I would get the powder coated option though. Hopefully I will get to use it in the near future. It's just like an engine hoist though if you dont need it, it's in the way.

I SERIOUSLY considered that, even to the point of rounding up plans and pricing steel, but I can't weld nor do I have a welder,. If I did, I'm not sure I'd trust my welds to hold the car up, and I don't want to spend a bunch of time building the rig before I can even work on the car. I think there's something to be said for paying a little $ for the frustration factor of NOT having to assemble it, and being able to get right to work!

Thanks for the links!

The ones I've found seem to break down pretty well to be stashed. I know My hoist stays out of the way in the corner and is no bother as far as hogging space is concerned.

Here's a link to the one @ Greg Smith...It's also powder coated. $100 discount on ebay.
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Direct-Lift-SPINS-Rotisserie-p/tppro-roti.htm

I built one off a set of plans I downloaded. Cost of the steel, bolts, casters..$ 550.00. Was a lot of holes to drill to make it fully adjustable and the welding took considerable time. Tools needed included a good drill press, clamps and magnets, steel band saw, hand grinder, squares, and of course the welder. I have a Miller 250 and a son I sent to welding school. Still took almost 1 1/2 months in our spare time to complete and that meant no time to work on the Dart, go fishin, turkey hunting..etc...So if I didn't have a welder and wouldn't know how to use it, I would have bought one too.

I bought mine from US Car and Tool. I'm very happy with it highly adjustable breaks down to a small package, and fit my Charger without issue :)

www.uscartool.com

We need a FABO rotisserie. We all pitch in and you get to use it for the price of shipping.8)

-
Back