Round 2

-

jtkaaa07

BossMan
Reaction score
Well about a month and a half ago I posted pic's of my quarter panel repair, and after getting it out in the sunlight, the metallic's in one spot just didn't blend well, so after some agonizing, I decided to just repaint the whole car. Here's where I'm at so far, tore car down yesterday, wet sanded and fixed every chip scratch etc. and here it is ready for paint! I figured with Mopars in the park this month it was well worth the extra time. Hopefully it will be done by the weekend, I'll post pic's when finished.

View attachment IMG_20140504_095613.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140504_140244.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140504_140230.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140505_111242.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140505_111256.jpg

Nice, get ready for more chips and scratches; that's life. Activate your basecoat, that should help.

Yeah, what happened was we had the base coat on and realized we missed a little chip, we fixed the spot, and tried to spot paint it in and the metallic's didn't spread right, the metallic's in this paint are a *****, using PPG Deltron DBC. Oh well live and learn, now the whole car get's fresh paint! The color match was spot on , even on a 10+ year old paint job, I'm very happy with PPG paint.

That is one badass Dart! Excellent work! What's in it?? Is it a 4 speed?
That's cool as hell, and old school.....just how I like them!

George

That is one badass Dart! Excellent work! What's in it?? Is it a 4 speed?
That's cool as hell, and old school.....just how I like them!

George

Thanks man, it's a worked over 340, automatic for now, 3:55 rear end, I have a full 4 speed conversion for it going in soon.

Would be a good contrast with your black roof and moulding line but I really like it the way it is....body color. Lots of black six pack hoods around.

It would look good with a black hood too. My brother had a red 69 back in the early 70's with black vinyl top & bee stripe and he used a black hood.
I painted the hood on my car black when I first put it together and it looked good, but I quickly grew tired of it and painted it to match the car. My car is plain red so it was easy to match the paint, but you have metallic paint so that won't be so easy to do later should you decide to switch back........as you just found out! LOL

Keep up the good work!!

George

Nice Dart, If it were mine I'd leave the hood body color.

Thank's for the nice comments guy's, like I said there is just something about the blacked out hood and Mopar's , kind of go hand in hand.

Ever since I had my 6-pack Bee, I've liked that black hood treatment. Just make sure you use a satin black and not a flat. Those flat paints are heck to keep clean and not blotchy. That picture of the white Dart with white lettering on the hood looks great. - Maybe some lettering on the sides of your scoop that are the same color as your car?

Ever since I had my 6-pack Bee, I've liked that black hood treatment. Just make sure you use a satin black and not a flat. Those flat paints are heck to keep clean and not blotchy. That picture of the white Dart with white lettering on the hood looks great. - Maybe some lettering on the sides of your scoop that are the same color as your car?

Yeah, I found a paint that the guy's on the A12 playground use, it's Eastwood hot rod black satin. They say it's almost spot on for the color, and is a very durable single stage eurathane. The original color for those 6 pack car's was some laquer that isn't available anymore.

-
Back