Routing Positive Battery Cable

-

ronw

Reaction score
Almost finished with the wiring, only thing left is to route the heavy positive cable to the Starter. The cable is form an old Mopar Performance Battery relocation Kit with the Negative cable, the battery tray and hold down bolts. the + cable is the heaviest I have ever seen. My question is where is everyone routing the + cable? On the inside of the car to the front? Or outside on the outside of the frame connector rails? I think I may have to use a heavy terminal at the front to connect to the starter. Thanks Ron

IMG0000A.jpg

Do a search on youtube...there's a video showing trunk mounted battery and cable routing in a valiant. It's how I routed mine. Inside, across rear seat frame and down drivers rocker. Exited through hole in clutch plug which directs it right down to the starter.

Do a search on youtube...there's a video showing trunk mounted battery and cable routing in a valiant. It's how I routed mine. Inside, across rear seat frame and down drivers rocker. Exited through hole in clutch plug which directs it right down to the starter.
Thank Ron

I used some wire off one of those old gas powered jumper generators they used to use at the airport. I routed it across the trunk, though the floor where the gas tank used to be, then down the inner side of the left frame rail. Seems to work ok.

I went underneath . Across the back frame rail and down the rail (drivers side) to the starter. You really don't need to make more holes. I routed all the wires together in one loom, used a hole that was already there, and the starter relay is under the dash.

Almost finished with the wiring, only thing left is to route the heavy positive cable to the Starter. The cable is form an old Mopar Performance Battery relocation Kit with the Negative cable, the battery tray and hold down bolts. the + cable is the heaviest I have ever seen. My question is where is everyone routing the + cable? On the inside of the car to the front? Or outside on the outside of the frame connector rails? I think I may have to use a heavy terminal at the front to connect to the starter. Thanks Ron

View attachment 1714960690
Inside the car and then a bulkhead pass through at the firewall.

-
Back