Not open for further replies.

1badfish67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a good used Performer RPM Airgap or RPM Airgap intake maifold for a SB 340 build. Set of new Promaxx 171 heads on their way now.

Thanks Everyone

I mentioned the heads because I wasn't sure if the manufacturer/style/model of the heads makes difference on which of the two would fit them. I have seen folks mention W2 or W5 heads etc.

Thanks

Thanks for the link and information. I will take a look at them. Know of anyone that's done any comparison to the Edlebrock Airgap or other large Brand manufacturers for flow, fitment and casting quality?

Appreciate the informational links. Good read. Think I will stay with locating one of the Edlebrock versions for now.

Does anyone have experience with other branded manufactures in this type design?

If anyone has any hands on testing/flow experience with other branded names like Holley, Weiand etc in a dual plane I would like to hear about it. Not sure about folks like Offenhauser and their Dual Port 360 (6005-DP) and if it should even be a consideration, if one became available.

If I viewed their catalog picture correctly this looked to essentially be a kind of overall single plane design. Goal is to build a strong 340 street engine for my 67 Barracuda FstBk. Looking at about 6500 rpm max, if I want to play a little.

Thanks everyone

Sounds like it's essentially brand new intake. Trying to find one a little more on the used side due to budget. If I may ask, was there something you didn't like about the performance/looks/fitting of the intake? I would hate to make a mistake on an application on my engine build if there is anything I'm not anticipating about these Airgap intakes. I have never ran one or driven a car that had one but a few folks I have talked to recommended I should to try one if I could find a good used one.

Thanks

depending where you live and intended use. it took a little while to get engine running warm at near freezing temps (cold carb).performance is excellent

Ahh. That makes sense up there where you are located and the colder temps. Down here in Oklahoma wouldn't think it would be an issue. This car won't be a daily driver as well. Will get it out for occasional evening/weekend cruises with the wife or trip to area car show(s) etc. Plan to be a driveable family keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back