Rubber Trim between dash and windshield

-

BarracudaDave

Reaction score
There is a piece of rubber that runs along the very front of the dash that covers up the top of the dash and bottom of the windshield. This is a very mysterious piece. Does anyone know:

1. Does it have a name?
2. Does anyone sell it?
3. If not, what to people use there instead?

Any input would be appreciated!! I am getting ready to reinstall the dash and I don’t want to find out later that it goes in before the windshield or something.

Thanks!

Is it not part of the windshield gasket? I know it is on later years assuming you are asking about a 65 Barracuda.

did you ever figure out where to buy this rubber trim? It is not part of the windshield gasket. I have a 66 Dart with the same trim and havent found a replacement yet.
Hoping to get an answer.
Thanks
Rod

did you ever figure out where to buy this rubber trim? It is not part of the windshield gasket. I have a 66 Dart with the same trim and havent found a replacement yet.
Hoping to get an answer.
Thanks
Rod

Have you tried Restoration Specialties?

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/

I would call them and tell them what you are looking for, maybe they have it. The do have a ton of early A stuff.

Do you have a picture of what you are talking about ? The windshield gasket does ride the front edge of the dash frame

The piece is made from extruded vinyl that matches the interior color and helps hide the expanse of the black rubber gasket. One edge slips into a groove in the windshield gasket to hold it in place and it seats against the dash front edge. On my Valiant convertible with aqua interior, the vinyl hardened, faded in places, and discolored in others.

I was unable to find a reproduction part anywhere, so I tried cleaning it up by sanding, scraping and washing with vinyl cleaner.

By scraping the vinyl with a sharp metal object, you can remove some of the bad material, but I wasn't able to remove enough from mine to make it look good, so I decided to leave it off, and now I don't even notice it's gone.

-
Back