Rubberized undercoating or truck bed liner?

-

autumn ash

Reaction score
Ive been seeing a lot of back and forth between wich one is better. Im leaning towards the truck bed liner. Going to be doing my wheel wells and underbody eventually. What have you guys used?

I used the rubberized undercoating when I replaced the front fenders on a pickup I had years ago. I sprayed the inside of them. Was told at the time to use the undercoating spray because it was flexible. Never had any issues.

I used the Rustoleum spray-on undercoating, it went on well and covered nicely.

Do not use bed liner. If future body repairs are needed such as panel or frame damage repairs are very hard to do. Not many shops will touch the car if they have to remove the bedliner material.

Get "Industrial Automotive Value Guard" spray it on with a schultz gun.

Also spray cavity wax inside all the areas you cannot spray with undercoat such as rockers , frames , cowl area and behind all support panels, including the front of the quarters and in the doors. behind front fender supports This product flows into all the crevices when its warm in the summer heat. The more you load in the better, Do it after painting.

I like the asphalt based undercoating. It‘s durable and helps a lot with sound suppression.

Use undercoating.

Bedliner coating is for truck beds.

the end.

I use the spray bed liner on interior floors that get covered up, but under coating on the wheel wells and undersides of cars.

I think it depends on what you are working on and for what purpose. Driver or something like that, do what you feel is better and can afford. A restoration or such might be a different answer. I agree with bed liner for some things (like mentioned above) and undercoat definitely has it's place. You might also consider gravel guard if you want something paintable or flexible.

How long do You intend the coating to be left intact? Rubberized ends up shrinking & hardening, when it cracks it will trap moisture, & You know where that goes..
1) Bedliner, tough & will last, but just as tough to remove if required.
2) Good ole non-rubberized under coat.
3) Leave it painted & inspect/touch-up as needed.

-
Back