[WANTED] Running 318

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure the crank is drilled for a pilot bushing if it’s for a 4 speed car. I checked a low mileage rebuild 74 318 I have and it is not drilled for the bushing.

Make sure the crank is drilled for a pilot bushing if it’s for a 4 speed car. I checked a low mileage rebuild 74 318 I have and it is not drilled for the bushing.
U can put in a roller bearing from the magnum motors. The hole is there it’s not big enough for a bushing but u can turn one down in a lathe. Check the depth of the hole. May not be deep enough. Then u will have to shorten the input shaft a hair. Kim

1972 318 Dodge Swinger, the hole depth is pretty close to 2" deep, bushing should go right in.

IMG_5346.JPG

Hole should be 3/4 in size for bushing to fit. If it’s 11/16s it needs a special bushing. Napa used to sell them. Or the magnum roller bearing. Kim

Will the OP need to get the crank register hole in his flywheel opened up to run a later 318? That would be cheaper than switching to a 10 1/2" clutch stuff.

Will the OP need to get the crank register hole in his flywheel opened up to run a later 318? That would be cheaper than switching to a 10 1/2" clutch stuff.
I would think so. He probably has a 9 inch clutch. I think if he were to change to a 10 inch he would need to change the bell as well as the other pieces as well. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back