running like crap

-

1qwikScamp

Reaction score
ok i had my car running dang good when i had the 3.55 gears in in then i built a 3.91 for it and it had to set for about 3 weeks and now its a pig on the low end and leans out on the top end

Make sure all your plug wires are plugged in on the distributor. Happened to me, same issues youre describing.

i had put about a half tank of gas in it like 3 days before i yanked ther rear out of it it wont rev over 5k and its very slugish the whole time and just before i tore it down it run really good

When you took the rearend out, did you possibly bump or run into the fuel line by the tank?

Chuck

340mopar said:
When you took the rearend out, did you possibly bump or run into the fuel line by the tank?

Chuck

I agree with chuck. Gear will not hurt your drivabily like that. It does sound like you engine is starving for fuel. Check your fuel lines even fuel filter. You mau have jarred some crap in the gas tank up. Check fuel pressure to make sure it is nto dropping to zero.

i changed the plugs and played with the timing a little the fuel delivery is all fine but i am going to tune my carb today to see what comes of that but so far it runs alot better but still not at 100 %

-
Back