Rust around #1....

-

Ironracer

Gearhead
Reaction score
Pulled my plugs to do a compression check a week or 2 ago, so I could get a reading due to to much advance. #1 had some rust around the plug well, and the bottom of the hex area. Am I screwed? Ol ladys been in the hospital w/ a blocked Intestine. Between that an work, I never thought much about that. But it wasn't like that when I changed the plugs, and that was when I put the RE dizzy in.... Hope Everyone here is doing well! The rust was o the bottom.. nothing appears to be leaking from above and pudding there. Always Thankfull for Everyone's input and knowledge here, Yall are Great!

Last edited:
Naw. What makes you think that? Hope the little woman is feelin better.

Naw. What makes you think that? Hope the little woman is feelin better.
Thanks Rob! She Moved to another Hospital... ugh. There wasn't any rust on the old plug. And no rust in the bottom of the head, where the plug goes . Was wondering if I cracked a water jacket

Thanks Rob! She Moved to another Hospital... ugh. There wasn't any rust on the old plug. And no rust in the bottom of the head, where the plug goes . Was wondering if I cracked a water jacket
I seriously doubt it. Let's not worry about something till it happens. LOL

My wife went through that two years ago. No fun for anyone. Hope it passes, literally. My wife had to have six inches of her colon removed. Probably just some condensation. If you had water in the cylinder, the electrode and ground strap would show it.

My wife went through that two years ago. No fun for anyone. Hope it passes, literally. My wife had to have six inches of her colon removed. Probably just some condensation. If you had water in the cylinder, the electrode and ground strap would show it.
Man, that's rough. I'm sorry to hear that

More them likely its water that got on there and heet dried . Clean and watch it. Check it at the end of the day for the next week.
Hope she gets better.

More them likely its water that got on there and heet dried . Clean and watch it. Check it at the end of the day for the next week.
Hope she gets better.
Thank You! Much Appreciated! It was strange. When I did that compression test, I blew out ( w/ air) all around each plug area. It was the only one that had any rust. .

-
Back