Rust guidance

-

Dartsun

Mopar Dude
Reaction score
Hey guys needing some rust guidance for my 69 Dart fender. I’m going to cut out and replace the real bad spots in the bottom, but the rest of fender looks pretty good. On the inside of the fender does have some pretty nice pitting. I just wanna prevent it from getting worse. How would you treat it?
IMG_8088.jpeg

IMG_8087.jpeg

I'd dip that dogleg in a 5 gal. bucket of vinegar and let it soak for a day or 2- then neutralize it in baking soda and water, flush it out thoroughly, let it dry, and prime it.

Corroseal... i pretty much did every inch of my car with the stuff.. then dry and hit with some normal paint. get the 1qt bottle..the stuff goes a LONG way..

SEMA makes a product called RustMort that works really well to prep metal. Turns the red rust into a block oxide layer that is then painted over. Ihave prepped metal that I waited months to paint and it was still great.

SEMA makes a product called RustMort that works really well to prep metal. Turns the red rust into a block oxide layer that is then painted over. Ihave prepped metal that I waited months to paint and it was still great.
I’ve liked the other SEM products I’ve used so far.

Kind of a new product out. But I used it all over my power wagon build, and it is has held up pretty well... You can paint over it.
It's water based and can be mixed with water to thin it out and spray it...
Got a tick more expensive since I got it. But it's still goes a long long way...

-
Back