Rusty Frame

-

DARTLARRY

Reaction score
Well I Was Just Getting Ready To Install New Leafs, When I Discovered That Rust Had Taken Over The Frame Rail Where The Perch Bolts On. After Half A Day Of Cutting And Welding It Has All Been Repaired (i Hope ). The Problem I Have Is I Would Like To Try And Clean The Inside Of The Rail So This Doesnt Happen Again. I Can See Inside And There Are Big Pieces Of Rusted Material Inside. I Have Tried To Blow Them Out With A Compressor, I Got Alot Of Dust But The Big Pieces Wont Come Out. Has Any One Here Had This Problem And If So What Did You Do. Thanks In Advance For Any Help.

you aren't going to like it...

well if it were me
I would cut a hole,
dig the junk off to see how bad it is,
depending on that I would use some rust converter or cut the offending rust out and replace....

but I'm a glutton for punishment.. that kind of mentality is why the car I bought to be a daily driver hasn't seen the road in over a year. :) I just kept finding more rust oooo it's like buried treasure!! more like paleontology

more than likely (if you can see chunks) you have enough rust to thin the metal out enough to worry about.

I Have Repaired The Frame But The Rust From The Repair Is Stuck Inside The Rest Of The Frame. And That Part Of The Frame Is Really Clean. I Just Dont Want Those Particals To Cause A Problem Later. Or Am I Just Being To Cautious.

If you're going for show car, you'll have to cut it all out. If it's a daily driver you want, oil spray the **** out of the inside and in about 10 years when it's really rusty, cut it out and fix it. In the 10 years you may decide to sell, or might die or might have a major collision...who knows right? I mean, if you just want a car to drive and have fun, don't try to be too perfect or like player1up said, you'll have a car sitting collecting dust that you're not enjoying at all!

-
Back