S/G Fender Tag Code?

-

UPSTATE340

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if there's any way of verifying if a car came with sure grip or not without the broadcast sheet. Also, is there a way to identify the original gearing of the rear? Is there a breakdown somewhere of what codes typically show up on the fender tag compared the broadcast sheet?

Thanks!

Thanks for the link. I know that D91 is the code, but I've never seen it on a tag, only the broadcast sheet. I was wondering what codes are only on the broadcast sheet and not the tag? And also if there's any way to tell the original axle without the broadcast sheet.

On 68 tags there is an identifier under the AX code label.

69+ tags if it had an axle package like an A31, A32, A33, A34, otherwise your out of luck. Lynch road cars have a different coding at the second row from the top that would tell you.

Good info, thanks. Were darts typically sold with an axle package, say if it was 3.91 w/ SG. Or is this axle package something completley different?

In '67 and '68 the "AX" area of the tag can have 2 numbers, for example, 48 codes as a 3.23 with suregrip, with '4' denoting 3.23 and '8' denoting suregrip.

On the 1969 up tags, certain "axle packages" were called out on the fender tag, but usually 8-3/4 codes were on the B/S only.

On some of the '63-'66 cars, if you can find the Certicard, it also calls out a sure grip with a code "SG", if it's not a suregrip car, this same code will be "SA" for standard axle.

Mark.

-
Back