S475 questions

-

CUUDAK

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a turbo and have been confused again!!!
I am looking at the S475 and was advised that it comes with the .96 exh turbine in the 1.32 housing.
How is a .83 turbine an upgrade in a 1.10 housing?? Does this mean that the turbo will spool faster??
I just need to know this before I purchase it!

I need to know if the larger 1.32 exh housing w/.96 turbine spool at higher rpm?

Does the 1.10 housing with the .83 turbine spool quicker than the .96 in a 1.32 housing??

I want to be in good boost at around 2500 no higher than 3000rpm since the 383 has around 6-6500rpm max!

Geeeez, this **** is confusing!!

The 96 refers to the turbine inducer size....compare it to a 82mm inducer on a gt42 turbo....IMO the 96mm turbine wheel with a 1.32 ar will spool (definetly not at 2500 rpm's) slow on 383 cubes unless you have a serious motor..I believe you would prefer the 83mm 1.10 ar

The 96 refers to the turbine inducer size....compare it to a 82mm inducer on a gt42 turbo....IMO the 96mm turbine wheel with a 1.32 ar will spool (definetly not at 2500 rpm's) slow on 383 cubes unless you have a serious motor..I believe you would prefer the 83mm 1.10 ar

Yeah thats what I figured. Its quite a bit of difference in price to get the s475 with the 1.10 a/r and the .83 inducer. This is supposed to be the upgrade but drops the HP to 950. I did figure that the smaller inducer would spool faster! Just the race housing is an additional $300

Supposed to come out of the box with the 1.32 a/r and the .96 inducer.

Yeah thats what I figured. Its quite a bit of difference in price to get the s475 with the 1.10 a/r and the .83 inducer. This is supposed to be the upgrade but drops the HP to 950. I did figure that the smaller inducer would spool faster! Just the race housing is an additional $300

Supposed to come out of the box with the 1.32 a/r and the .96 inducer.

yoi could always block off one side of the twin scroll to decrease the a/r or even use or make a valve to do it and open it once boost is on for more topend power.....look up the quick spool valve from SP performance.

yoi could always block off one side of the twin scroll to decrease the a/r or even use or make a valve to do it and open it once boost is on for more topend power.....look up the quick spool valve from SP performance.

Hey!!!
Thats wicked sneaky!! Pricey but cool idea!:-D
Hmmmmmmmmm!?!?!?!?!?!?
I wonder how bad it would choke the engine??

-
Back