Sagging front grill

-

V8 Sam

Reaction score
Can't believe I never noticed this before.

But anyone have any idea why my grill seems to sag so much?

Can't see any damage, and the slam panel looks straight.

Just wondering what else might be causing it?

Screenshot_20230720_052430_com.whatsapp.png

Almost looks like it's been too hot.

Almost looks like it's been too hot.
Maybe?! Gonna look at my old pics see if it's something recent or if I have literally just never noticed it in the 12 years I've owned it.

Worth noting it's a proper 70 and not a 75 etc with a grill swap

So unsure what's gone on

It also is making the front line of the hood appear to bulge up in the center. I would check that, too.

How about a picture looking across the grill from left to right (or right to left) with both headlights in the picture.

Alan

How about a picture looking across the grill from left to right (or right to left) with both headlights in the picture
Will get one when I'm home.

Might try taking the grill off soon see if it's bent

also looked at some of the pics of when I first bought it and it is indeed sagging then.

I Also found this pic
does the panel the hood closes on look too low? Im wonder if it's from another car? And this making the grill not sit up correctly?

Screenshot_20230720_082256_com.google.android.gm.png

Last edited:
To me unless your pictures are that bad the top grille support and bumper are just as crooked. Lower radiator support had a lot to do with where everything is positioned as far ad the grille. Last picture your lower valance out of place also. You definitely have some straightening to do on the complete front end. Post a picture like the one below to compare

i8514 (2).jpg

Can't believe I never noticed this before.

But anyone have any idea why my grill seems to sag so much?

Can't see any damage, and the slam panel looks straight.

Just wondering what else might be causing it?

View attachment 1716117085
Looks like someone tried pulling the hood open while still latched, On that picture

1689847255976.png

Screenshot_20230720_082256_com.google.android.gm.png

Could just be the angle of the photo but this looks bowed down. your grille attaches to the leading edge of the hood latch support and could account for the sag.

Looks like someone tried pulling the hood open while still latched, On that picture

View attachment 1716117127
That's what I mean, but that is the bonnet fully closed and pinned down. (Twist lock type pins on my hood)

Can't believe I've never noticed it before :realcrazy:
A more far away pic may help.
Will get one later
View attachment 1716117152

Could just be the angle of the photo but this looks bowed down. your grille attaches to the leading edge of the hood latch support and could account for the sag.
Yes, I think this is what accounts for it, need to take the front apart really.

Cars been running sooooo well lately tho im loathed to touch it :lol:

I think the hood is bowed up in the middle. Get a yardstick.....ok meter stick lol and lay under the edge of the hood. I bet you'll be surprised.

Pictures that are not cropped might help as well, it is possible that something is out of alignment.

Multiple pictures, left/right high/low good lighting.

From these pictures it looks like your car has been in a wreck and the front is all pushed it which we know it is not.

Alan

Right guys little update.

Had a proper look over and it would Power that at some stage in its life it's had a minor sink under the rad guard pulling this ever so slightly towards the rear of the car.

In turning pulling everything else down.

A little re bending if the (not sure of it's actual name?) Metal bracket the grill bolts to and it's sitting better.

How this has slipped by me for 12 years I have no idea, normally as I'm always looking down on it rather then straight at it. :wtf:

(The wide angle lense makes it appear a little worse then it is, but the rest of the front is pretty straight )

:thumbsup:

IMG_20230720_180234.jpg

IMG_20230720_171748.jpg

IMG_20230720_172654.jpg

-
Back