Sagging polyurethane mounts?

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the engine sitting to low. I can pull the engine all the way up, tighten bolts, but when I let the engine down I can see, specifically the passenger side sag back down to same spot. These are about a year old and the energy suspension brand. Would I be better if I got the shumacker spool mounts with their poly inserts? I think this issue is also causing my issue of my TTI headers hitting the pitman arm

Are you talking about the energy suspension spool type engine mount?
You can see mount crush under the weight?
Can mount be shimmed to keep the header off the idler arm?

It's a pain to get in there when it's all assembled, but I've always tightened the block side motor mount bolts after I set the engine in. It is possible to tilt/adjust/wiggle the engine before fully seating the mounts with most of the weight still supported by the hoist. You may need a crow bar or something similar to help position it. If it's causing a clearance issue on one side, pull up on the hoist a bit and try to pry that side up. It may also help to reposition the hook by a chain link (if not using a plate) to support more weight on the side with clearance issues before re-lowering.

Are you talking about the energy suspension spool type engine mount?
You can see mount crush under the weight?
Can mount be shimmed to keep the header off the idler arm?

Yes I am and yes I can and no they are spool mounts. Best I can do is shove a spacer (thick bolt) between k and actual motor mount

It's a pain to get in there when it's all assembled, but I've always tightened the block side motor mount bolts after I set the engine in. It is possible to tilt/adjust/wiggle the engine before fully seating the mounts with most of the weight still supported by the hoist. You may need a crow bar or something similar to help position it. If it's causing a clearance issue on one side, pull up on the hoist a bit and try to pry that side up. It may also help to reposition the hook by a chain link (if not using a plate) to support more weight on the side with clearance issues before re-lowering.

I read that this is what shumacker suggests to do with their mounts since the holes in blocks are 1/2 and the bolts are smaller. I will have to try this. I'm hoping the when I go hdk front end or Gst that it does away with this but I doubt it

Had same problem when switched over to the spool mounts. Ended up welding a thick washer for the through bolt to hold it up where I needed it. now just need to add a torque strap because the engine lifts to much!

Had same problem when switched over to the spool mounts. Ended up welding a thick washer for the through bolt to hold it up where I needed it. now just need to add a torque strap because the engine lifts to much!

Ohhhh weld a washer on each side front and back and that's where they will stay hmmmm that would work in theory

-
Back