Sail Panel Dome Light Wire Routing ('65 Barracuda)?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
How does the passenger side dome light get routed over from the driver's side? Does it just tuck under the headliner somehow? I notice there is a "nub" that should snap into a hole somewhere (see photos #2 and #3 for nun location). Thank you.

Passenger Sail Panel light 1.JPG

Passenger Sail Panel light 2.JPG

Passenger Sail Panel light 3.JPG

Passenger Sail Panel light 4.JPG

How does the passenger side dome light get routed over from the driver's side? Does it just tuck under the headliner somehow? I notice there is a "nub" that should snap into a hole somewhere (see photos #2 and #3 for nun location). Thank you.

View attachment 1715658117

View attachment 1715658118

View attachment 1715658119

View attachment 1715658120

yep, the passenger side wire is attached with normally a clip to the bow under the headliner. I have a complete harness including lights if you’re interested.

I believe I have what I need. Now I am not sure how the little lamp sockets are attached to the body? The plastic lens just screws on to the vehicle structure and I don't see any frame to support the sockets anywhere. They do seem to have some kind of spring clip that rides very close to the socket. Obviously, they need to be accessible for bulb replacement time.

dome light socket.JPG

Last edited:
I just found a photo online of the bulbs inside little bucket trays on the left (which I don't have). I do have the lens and lens surround shown in the center and right of the photo. My question now is: are those "bucket trays" used in the first generation Barracudas or is the photo showing hardware from another model or year?

dome light little buckets.jpeg

I just went through a five-gallon bucket where I had stored all of the old factory seat belts. At the bottom of the bucket, I found the dome light fixtures I thought I was missing. I did not remember having these or ever having even seen them before!

Now I have still another question and I hope the last one (for now). In the same bucket, I found the two clips shown in the foreground of the below photo. Are these clips used with the sail panel dome lights or do they pertain to something/somewhere else? Thank you.

dome light buckets and clips.JPG

Looks like you have the buckets, lenses, lens retainers and wiring. Route your wiring with the bulb sockets down thrkk on ugh in rear inner structure out through the opening which should have the mounting holes for the buckets. Install the bulb holders to the buckets then the bulbs then this to the inner panel. Lenses and retaining rings next. You nay need to install the headliner prior to installing the buckets. Hope this helps a bit.

-
Back