San Diego Newbie

-
Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Justin Malson and i just got a 64 Dodge Dart GT a couple months ago. My friend's cousin is a member on here and told me i should sign up. I am new to the whole classic car thing so i hope to get some help and good advice from here. I just had the engine rebuilt and the car is running pretty good. I do have a couple minor problems though. I was told that i need a new carb. and that could be why the engine feels like its flooding sometimes when i hit the gas. Also it is hard to start first thing in the morning another possable reason for a new carb.. Another little issue is that the person i got the car from had cusoized the linckage for the gas pedal because the original one broke. So if anyone has suggestions on where i can get some of that stuff that would be cool. Also if anone knows of any local clubs here in San Diego that i could get into that would be cool too.

Hello everyone my name is Justin Malson and i just got a 64 Dodge Dart GT a couple months ago. My friend's cousin is a member on here and told me i should sign up. I am new to the whole classic car thing so i hope to get some help and good advice from here. I just had the engine rebuilt and the car is running pretty good. I do have a couple minor problems though. I was told that i need a new carb. and that could be why the engine feels like its flooding sometimes when i hit the gas. Also it is hard to start first thing in the morning another possable reason for a new carb.. Another little issue is that the person i got the car from had cusoized the linckage for the gas pedal because the original one broke. So if anyone has suggestions on where i can get some of that stuff that would be cool. Also if anone knows of any local clubs here in San Diego that i could get into that would be cool too.

Welcome,

What part of 'Diego are you in?

welcome aboard! you are sure to find lots of help and info here!the people on this site are like a second family and if you spend enough time here you will see what i am talking about.i spent a few years in san diego back in the 80's when i was in the navy. there was a group that always went to clairmont mesa and hung out at the whenchel donut parking lot ! i don't remember the name of the club but there was a couple of different clubs there.one car in particular was a 70 duster it was dark blue and bad to the bone the car just shook the ground and i seen more unsuspecting guy's get blown away by that car than anything else there i think the owners name was tom? any way if the cruise scene is still alive there you will surely bump into some of the local mopar guy's.

welcome and enjoy this great site.
We have the best of the best Tec's here.
And some real good folks to.

You still around in SD?
I've got a 64 Cuda, we should go get in some trouble!
lemme know...

Welcome. For clubs, there's the Mopar Club of San Diego. A few years ago, the Mopar guys hung out on Clairmont Mesa Blvd by Jack-in-the-box. Probably the same place sixpak was talking about, but no more Winchells. It's been a few years since I hung out with them, so I don't remember which night of the week it was. I think if you go to the Mopar Club of SD website, it probably says. There are also cruise nights in Chula Vista and Escondido. The one in Escondido is every Friday night from April until October. The website is www.moparclubsandiego.net

It says they do a Monday night get togethen in Lakeside at the VFW on Lindo Lane. Look in the events part of their website

Welcome to Fabo 8)

My father is in Lakeside, CA.. right off Willow Rd. I'm sure you will or have seen a few of his Mopars rolling around.... my signiture is only about 1/4 of restored Mopars he has LOL (actually the Challenger was mine ah-thank you).

Need any help, or parts(like serious anything lol), shoot me a PM and I'm sure we could help yah out.

Tony
Team Dart

Welcome to the best damn Mopar site on the web!:cheers:

Picture 659.jpg

hey justin welcome i to just got a 64 dodge dart just had rebuilt and im from chula vista,im still doing some work putting things back together and cant wait to get in on the road, installed oil pan today sure hope it dosentleak still have a few parts to put on should be complete in a week or so cant wait doug

-
Back