Sand blaster / blast box

-

BTYM

Reaction score
So, while trying to work on my car, I am also trying to build my collection of tools. I have been looking to buy a sand blaster in the near future, and I was wondering what you guys use. I have used a blast box, and one of those "fill up the hopper, attach an air hose, and go to town" ones. I'm really not sure which one to get, seeing as how I'm working with a 1.5 car garage, and have no room already. I don't know if it would be wise to waste space with an entire blast box, when I need to buy a parts washer as well lol. Anyway, what do you guys use, and what do you recommend?

I have a 40 LB media blaster and a 40 LB sand blaster from harbor freight both work well outside use I wouldn't do it the garage
working on blasting mine now did most of the engine bay in about 30 min

Attachments

• 20140327_101716.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 324
  • 20140327_101711.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 342
  • 20140327_101707.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 301
Here is a thread I started a while back, when I made my own.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=141326&highlight=cabinet

I shoulda made a bigger one though...

I found that thread right after starting this one lol. I like it, but believe it or not it would be way to big for my puny little garage. I like the one made out of the tote, it's small enough to store in the rafters when I'm not using it. This weekend I'll have to get some pics of my garage up on here. I'm not even exaggerating. It's small. Way small lol. I went from working in my uncles 2500 sq ft shop to working in a shoe box. Sucks at times lol.

I remember Rani mentioning that she uses a blasting pot and one of those plastic outdoor sheds for her big items!! She is pretty small and can fit in there though, and she was doing bigger parts in there, but I thought that was a good idea to keep the media around! Geof

anybody ever used a dome tent? (camping) something like a 7x7 that you can get for 30$ at somewhere like a Big 5 sporting goods? that might be too thin to hold up well, but a lot of the newer ones come with a tarp type bottom and they roll up pretty small for storage

Barrel Blaster, made in USA, Texas to be exact. Its a 50 gal drum turned sideways, legs w/wo wheels, leave it or roll it. Go to the web page, and he's a MOPAR dude !!!! I got one, it works great, and you can get a rim in it.

:burnout:

-
Back