Sandbasting cabinet

-

wifehatesmycar

Reaction score
Money well spent. imo

Dart headlight.jpg

Dart headlight.jpg

cool...which one did you get and where?? I'm fed up with the harbor freight POS one I have...it's horrible...i clean it out, put new glass beads, still clogs up...put a new gun, all new hoses...still doesn't work good...I want an industrial one...

This is the one I have. Using glass beads...no clogs yet. It leaked like a sieve at first, even with the factory seals, so I had to do some caulking, and the light is super dim so I might add a couple of explosion proof fixtures in the near future. Not a bad starter setup.

012.jpg

012.jpg

I have the same cabinet. I hook my shop vac up to the outlet on the left side and open the vent in the back and the vacuum keeps the dust down so the light inside works a lot better.
Also helps to see inside better if I turn out my shop light when I'm using it.

They are a God sent. I am looking forward to hooking mine back up. The interior dimensions on mine are 48x24x24 so you can get some good sized parts in there. It has a dust collector hooked up but I am thinking of upgrading to one with a reclaimer so mine may be for sale in the near future - not 100% sure at the moment though.

master48x24.jpg

If you don't have a dry air source the guns will clog quite a bit. Put a desicant drier on my air line and no more clogs.

I have been looking at that same one thru Summit! Glad to hear that your cabinet works well. I reclaimed one from a mill that was shutting down for our Mech. shop at work. It was a great industrial unit 2' x2' x 4.5'. The thing looked brand new. I went on vacation for a week and found out the foreman thought it took too much room and offered it to anyone who wanted it! No one had a large enough compressor at home so they throw it in the scrap metal hopper! I would have gave away my week of vacation just to had the chance at that one! I still get angry everytime I need one!

I'd be lost -- and outta business LOL -- without mine. One of the best investments ever. I just upgraded my window a couple weeks ago from plexi (which goes opaque so quick it isn't even funny) to laminated glass, and you talk about blasting heaven!!! Even after thirty hours of use so far, it's so clear it's like looking out my picture window in the living room.

But with the big 7 foot oven I have, now I "need" one of those 56-inchers from TP Tools with its own dedicated compressor and reclamation unit.

-
Back