sandblasting sand

-

dart67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to sandblast my inner fenders and firewall should I use fine or medium sand?
Thanks

i just use blackbeauty sand its pretty coarse and uts the rust & undercoating pretty fast. u can get it at menards 50lbs 4 $7.00

I am doing mine now. I bought a couple bags of #70 White silica media. About $8.00/bag. I have used it before with good results. Will be posting photos on my restopage by Sunday night.
Rat

have to watch that silica sand have a good reperator the dust from that stuff is bad for ya , not that the paint & rust dust is good for ya :-D

Yeah you have to wear protection. Like my friend said "you are going to worry about your health now??????" Better than being a crab or turtle in Louisiana though. Should finish tomorrow and pressure wash everything down and get ready to shoot primer & color which is as dangerous as "#70 silica"
Cheers to all, hope you are having a good weekend.
The DesertRat!8)

I go down to the local menards, they have both specific sand blasting sand, but its expensive 7-9 bucks a bag, and very heavy duty, my dad and I have been using silica sand, says its for making concrete I believe way finer and half the price, hell a couple weeks ago they had it on super sale for 350 for a 50lbs bag. works great and cheap

We used "Jetmag" for my Duster. About $7 for 50 lbs, didn't know how much we needed for 2 cars (Duster and 56 Ford) so we bought an entire pallet of 30 bags. For both cars, used about 7 bags. Just sweep it up, strain it thru a window screen, reload, and it works just like new. So, still have about 23 bags left, if anyone needs some and you're near northern Va, let me know.

-
Back