sandy

-

69 fstback

Reaction score
hey guys hurricane sandy wiped us out i had 5 feet of water in my house been helping all the neighbos clean up we still have no electric but i have a genarator so me and the wife are hanging in

I have been wondering how our members are doing and keeping prayers sent out to all of you, I can not imagine the difficulties everyone is going threw over on the east side.
We have lost power here a few times and a couple years ago it was a 7 day deal because of a bad ice storm, but we did not have water in our house, Stay safe and I hope help heads your way soon.
If anyone is having a bad day... Just think what 69 Fstback and others are going threw!!

thanks memike we havent had power for 12 days but were making it like a camping trip

thanks memike we havent had power for 12 days but were making it like a camping trip
It has got to be cold there!! Stay warm and dry... You have a good out look on a bad situation :glasses7:

No power on day 11. The generator was the best investment i ever made even though we didnt use it for the first ten years.. At least i can buy gas now.

Oh Tim, I'm so sorry to read this!! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. Best wishes for a thorough and speedy recovery.

Prayers going out for you and your family and everyone recovering from the storm. Thank you for the update.

I have a question. I mean no ill harm. Living with-in feet of sea level, did you think this would never happen?

I have a question. I mean no ill harm. Living with-in feet of sea level, did you think this would never happen?

My sentiments exactly,...spent days at the shore convincing people to leave,...we have 226 houses at last count that we pulled the meters on cause of damage. Had 4 feet of sand on the roads. Got houses with foundations that are just gone...and we made out easy...

It happened in 1893, it happened in 1938, it happened in 2012 and I'm sure it will happen again in the future and global warming/climate change has nothing to do with it. If you live at sea level near an ocean sooner or later you will taste natures salty fury. It sounds harsh but it's true. All it takes is a full moon and a major storm to produce major flooding in low-laying areas, when you combine a full moon and a hurricane you get a major disaster.

69fstback hang in there, houses can be rebuilt and material things replaced, the important thing is you and your family are still here to talk about it.

69fstback hang in there, houses can be rebuilt and material things replaced, the important thing is you and your family are still here to talk about it.[/QUOTE]

x2....

-
Back