Sat in the new challenger!

-

440valiant

cuda
Reaction score
DSC00284.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

It was pretty cool! Also saw the new camaro.

I think I would have to wash my eyes out after looking at the new camaro

Hell Boys If Ya Lqqk At Them...The Challenger/Cuda and Camaro ALL Lqqk Pretty much the same car...

Sorry but my view..

I Have driven the NEW Challenger Before they were out..AND a Super Stock Challenger and Judy Lillys New Challenger...I Think They're GREAT.....

SS

I guess when GM can't come up with a stylish look, they steal it from Chrysler. ie Camaro.

Well the major different between the camaro and challenger is the fact that the camaro is ugly... haha. I will leave it at that. I dont htink they compare at all. I'm not being biased either when I say that. I like first gen camaroes (TO AN EXTENT, lol)... but chevy missed the mark with the new one.

I agree totally with hemizach and ssd: I walked right past a new Camaro last week THREE times before I realized it WASN'T a Challenger.
Generous Motors did a copy of said Mopar,too bad.:sad1:

Hell Boys If Ya Lqqk At Them...The Challenger/Cuda and Camaro ALL Lqqk Pretty much the same car...

Those new UGLY CAMARO's are pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The new challenger looks 10 times better. To even compare the new challenger to any other new car is just stupid. And that is my opinion

Bottom line I think Mopar did a much better job...

Anyway, I will stop hi-jacking the thread.... I have seen a few new challengers around town but havent been able to sit in one yet

Went to the local Dodge dealer and got to sit in a SRT8 version. Seats are fantastic. Would love to put it thru some turns. Did learn that the drivers seat doesn't tilt forward to alow passengers in the back seat. You must do that from the right side of the car only. I think that was my only complaint.

I'll take the new camaro over the challenger. Not only is it less expensive, its also smaller, handles better, and doesn't have a carryover dashboard from another car. I've sat in the challenger. sitting in there makes me think i'm driving a magnum, which I hate. Even the base camaro has 304hp and you can get a 6-speed manual even with that engine.

If you want a challenger, you better get one quick. Chrysler as we know it isn't long for this world.

I'll take the new camaro over the challenger. Not only is it less expensive, its also smaller, handles better, and doesn't have a carryover dashboard from another car.

Don't forget faster. You can get the SS (that does 110 mph in the quarter on 20" wheels), for the same price as a Challenger R/T.

You can just about get an SS and a Z06 crate motor (LS7 505hp/470 ft lb) for it for what Chyrco wants for the SRT8.

Its getting pretty silly when you can buy a pretty nice BMW for what a muscle car costs.

Ridiculous.

goldduster318, LXguy: I think you guys should join a Chevy site. Blasphemers! LOL

goldduster318, LXguy: I think you guys should join a Chevy site. Blasphemers! LOL

LOL...truth be told, I've been rolling a GM daily driver my whole life. I just don't like/trust newer mopar cars. My Chevrolets haven't let me down yet.

The problem with the new Camaro is that although it copied panel lines and characteristics from the old Camaro, somehow they missed the mark. Especially from the back it looks like another generic GM product. It's a poor follow up when compared to the Challenger and even the Furd Mustang. Both those cars captured the spirit of the old models and are instantly recognizable. GM is the same company that brought us the "new" GTO. anybody think that looks like a GTO? It makes me think of my daughter's 12 year old Grand Am.

OMG, i sat in a new Challenger a couple of weeks ago. I thought I had died and gone to Mopar heaven!!!!!!!!!. I WANT one!! :cheers:

Talking with a sales person I was told that they set up a "track" in the King's Island parking lot to compare the SRT8 to the GT500 Mustang. Turns out the Mustang was just a tad quicker in the quarter mile but was dominated by the SRT in the slalom.

LOL...truth be told, I've been rolling a GM daily driver my whole life. I just don't like/trust newer mopar cars. My Chevrolets haven't let me down yet.

Then WHY do you come on here blowing your mouth off about the SITES cars and like you know everything there is to be known....I'd be willing to bet that I have owned more cars than you and your other Generals Mistake Buddies put together...GM,Ford AND Mopar....I'll take my MOPARS ANY day...............It just seems ALL the old Chittys are rotted away...

SS

Don't forget faster. You can get the SS (that does 110 mph in the quarter on 20" wheels), for the same price as a Challenger R/T.

You can just about get an SS and a Z06 crate motor (LS7 505hp/470 ft lb) for it for what Chyrco wants for the SRT8.

Its getting pretty silly when you can buy a pretty nice BMW for what a muscle car costs.

Ridiculous.

I don't know what you have invested in your Old Cars but Mine I have had For YEARS(before they were even cool most of them)and I STILL have ALOT invested in them....BUT I could sell my 1 of 1 Produced Super Stock HEMI Coronet and make enough to buy ALL the Camodes they make...

How much does a Corvette cost that is WAY below standards of being a Muscle Car?

I have seen a Chrysler 300 whipping ALL the Mustangs and Late model Camaro/Firebirds at the track with a Wide Open Computer(Not Street Legal for Consumers,Strictly a Test Vehicle)...

SS

-
Back