Satisfactory??

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Hi Racers, A few years back my son took his duster to the drags for a few runs. I found one of his slips and was wondering if someone can figure out if this 318 is a fairly strong runner.

NOTE: The track is a (bracket strip) with only a 500 foot strip so I don't know if these time numbers can be converted to what it would be at a .25 mile track or if it's even possible. I'm just interested to know)

I know at the time the duster only had:
2:73 gears Non-posi, street tires
318 30 over, 360 heads, 340 cam, 2500 stall, 600 cfm and headers.

Thanks, Jim

Time Slip.jpg

70 Duster.jpg

.015 reaction time is excellent if he can keep it consistent. 0-63+ mph in 6.6 sec with a peg leg 2.73 rear gear aint' too shabby either. I would think that he's got a 14-14.5 sec car in the quarter with room for improvement with a better gear, posi, tires, etc. I don't have a hp/qm/gear calculator, but this estimate should be close. It's a strong 318 considering how mild the build is.

Thanks Ramcharger, I was just wondering how it was considered. I'm putting the motor in my Signet with 3.91 posi..TTIs and MSD as more bolt-ons. Signets just a daily driver :lol:
Thanks again for your time :thumbup:

pic4.JPG

That sounds about like a 7.50 1/8 mile run to me Jimmy boy.Darn fast in my book!! :thumbup:
He got him a great reaction time that day.
Congratulations that motor will be great in your Signet Valiant with your gears
and I beleave that will sceam.
Do you have the frame linked up on your car. Don't twist it up. :toothy7:

Jimmy boy, that should wake up that Signet of yours. However, I'd hang onto that time slip if I were you, cause I doubt you'll ever see a .015 reaction time again - unless you let your son drive it. :angel9: I've HEARD that as we age our reaction times slow down somewhat, ahhh, make that.......considerably. :sleepy3:

memike said:
That sounds about like a 7.50 1/8 mile run to me Jimmy boy.Darn fast in my book!!

A 7.50 1/8 mile time is a mid to high 11's It's not that fast.

Chuck

340mopar said:
A 7.50 1/8 mile time is a mid to high 11's It's not that fast.

Chuck
I thought my imagination was out of sink. :sign6:

I had this same combination in a '70 dart that weighed approx 2950 w/ me in it, but I had 3.23 gears and it run high 14's in the 1/4 if this will help...Lee

Thanks guys. It's all neat stuff to know (or kinda). I do know performace changes going down the track (bottom end/top end) ect ect. But really, thanks for the "ball park" :thumbup:

-
Back