Savage gt?

-

stroker mike

Reaction score
Does anyone here have info on the "Savage GT" Barracuda from 68 or 69? Or pic's? Looking for all the info I can get!! :coffee2:

Savage GT! I have never herd of such a car.

Well this could be interesting to learn about. What info do you have Mike?

I was in barnes and nobles today and looked in the catalogue of muscle cars 1967-72, it has a roadrunner on the cover I think, or a cuda, there a re two different ones, one from 1958-2005, and one for 1967-1972, and in the later I found three or four lines about said car in the chapter on 68 formula s cuda. Savage GT. Package like Mr. Norm's, but not from Grand Spaulding, and rare, but it WAS in production, I am a mopar fanatic from the word go, and I never had heard of such car and my pulse rate doubled when I read the words, you know how the little beads of sweat begin to form on your forehead...I will be watching this closely to finmd out more, I know they had an emblem on the grill and trunk lid. More, I do not know.

I have a catalog of muscle cars that has a chapter on the savage GT.
I have often wondered if any were actually built ?
Have never heard mention of them in any muscle car magazines, or anything more on the subject. Does anyone have any production numbers, if they were actually produced . And do any survive today ?
I've often thought that it was the inspiration for the 70 Cuda with the middle
of the grille being cut away like that....

YES!!!!!!!!! I knew someone would come thru! That grill is a trip! SAVAGE! I want a kit to make mine like that! Well, some of it. Thank you!!!

Out standing!!! It has a rear wing too.
Never to old to learn something thanks for the new info.

Very cool! Has some great options too:

4:56 Rear Gear
950 cfm 3 three barrel
440 10:1 comp ratio
High ratio manual steering box
Integral roll bar
150 mph rated radial tires

Damn, I want one!

i am droooooling....................can you imagine having a car that says "savage" on the front of it?

150 mph tires?? too much to handle.... must lie down........... blood leaving head...........must regain composure..............

If you can find it, the December 91 issue of Mopar Collector's Guide had an article on them. Production figures are unkown, but they say 10-15 total were built. No breakdown of engines tho. According to the article back then there was only 1 confirmed to still exist and I think one that was totalled by that owners friend. Haven't read the article in a couple of years. I'll try to dig it up. Hope this helps.

I love it all but the side pipes, cause they will scrape when I lower this thing, but I really love the engine options and the a/fx hood scoop, I've been trying to figure out what to do with the hood on mine, I don't want a big scoop like the super stock hemi scoop, but I wanted to be period correct. Now I have my answer! The question now is where to get one?! I intend to run the BG six shooter w/aircleaner setup, and will need the clearance, and even now my offy high rise with a 1" spacer won't clear a real air filter. Gotta use an edelbrock foamie.

here is the one from ebay.

savage_gt[1].jpg

what are those wheels on it? or are they some kind of aftermarket wheels that where popular back in the day? they look alot like the wheels i have on my duster...

real cool abody!

imgp1053.jpg

Savage B-Cudas were built in Wisconsin (I believe) at Fon Du Lac. The one in the pic was bought by rinohdart from moparts.com, go there and ask him. I think he is the one that ended up with it. That was about a year ago, maybe two. I remember lots of talk on that site about it.
As stated their were supposedly 10-15 built, and that one is a real rough survivor. I think it sat in a field for years through the Wiconsin winters, and they are not kind to old muscle cars. I don't know if Jim still has it or not.

Thats all I know hope it is accurate.
Dave C.

ramcharger said:
Very cool! Has some great options too:

4:56 Rear Gear
950 cfm 3 three barrel
440 10:1 comp ratio
High ratio manual steering box
Integral roll bar
150 mph rated radial tires

Damn, I want one!
Yes,I want one 2!!!What a nice ride lol!!!Savage.Nobody here(FABO) got one?
Cool Hood with a nice scoop and a good V8 engine option!
MOPAR :headbang: and :burnout: !!!

the originals look to be separate fenders and hood. i would love to see this car in person. where does rhinodart of moparts, who supposedly bought the ebay one i have pictured, live? is anyone on that board? maybe he can send some pics and some more juicy info.

definitely a shelby predator..............

-
Back