Saw an old Plymouth in the parking lot today

-

g413

Reaction score
I went to a dentist appointment and parked my Camry opposite an old Plymouth. As luck would have it, we came out about the same time so I went over and talked to the guy. I told him I've been an old Plymouth guy ever since I had this new 1968 Roadrunner back in high school. I told him I now have two old Plymouths.

His car was a 1962 4-door Valiant with a /6 and pushbutton AT. He bought it off eBay, took the train down to pick it up and drove it back. He really enjoyed talking about his car and how reliable it was. He didn't know about this site so I gave him the info making sure he spelled it correctly. I told him this site was a great source of finding parts or information about any problems that come up -- and that the people were very friendly and knowledgable.

He told me it made his day that someone came up and talked to him about these old cars.

Sweet!! That's what it's all about, sharing our love for these old cars!!! Glad you made his day!!!

Yeah Man !!! That's what this hobby is all about !!

It is amazing how people are drawn to older cars and trucks.I understand the cars from the pre 60's to 70's. My daily driver truck is a 88 Ram 350 nothing special.Even with rusty chrome wheels,every where I go I get thumbs up, "Hey cool truck". and someone waiting to talk in a parking lot.My wife usually says "It's something that you can actually fix with a screw driver and a hammer !"
A few years back the wife and I did a coast to coast trip and back with a 67 Dart, Lots of smiles and waves in every state.

It is amazing how people are drawn to older cars and trucks.I understand the cars from the pre 60's to 70's. My daily driver truck is a 88 Ram 350 nothing special.Even with rusty chrome wheels,every where I go I get thumbs up, "Hey cool truck". and someone waiting to talk in a parking lot.My wife usually says "It's something that you can actually fix with a screw driver and a hammer !"
A few years back the wife and I did a coast to coast trip and back with a 67 Dart, Lots of smiles and waves in every state.

This is very true. My dad bought an 86 K Wagon, because why not, and he typically gets more lookers in it than his 69 Barracuda. I think cars relate to peoples memories and they immediately connect it to where they were in life at that time.

-
Back