Saw the Blue's Mobile on the way into work this morning!

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
What a way to start the day!
Driving into work, I see an old Dodge front end in my rear view mirror.
"Hmmm, not a car you see on the road every day" I though to self.

White and Black, spotlight on the pillar, Star on the door, push bumper, with sticker on trunk "Chicago or bust"

Guy inside was 20 something, with the hat and glasses, in full character.

Of course, yesterday cell phone dies, and new one will not be in until this afternoon.... I'm sure someone will bust out the appropriate smiley....

It was AWESOME!

Hahahaha, I heard that somebody in Kansas City had it. Now i believe, man wish I coulda seen that. :thumbup: Isnt it a Dodge Polara correct?

Hahahaha, I heard that somebody in Kansas City had it. Now i believe, man wish I coulda seen that. :thumbup: Isnt it a Dodge Polara correct?

Aw c'mon now ... you remember what the cop said.

"It's that **** box Dodge again!" :-D Whether that qualifies as a Polara is anyone's guess.

There's likely a bunch of them on the road. Some few years ago I seen an act play at a Macon Braves ballgame. Two years ago a group from Alabama - "Alabama Blues Brothers" or some such played at one of our local festivals (Peach Festival). They drove it into the malls parking lot with a bunch of our local cops and sheriff's deputies following with lights flashing and sirens going. The kids loved it. Small towns can do that... free outside concert and fireworks, I love summer.
The group was actually pretty good too!:cheers:
C

this past weekend there was a blues bros event at MT. Prospect IL. i wasn't there but looked to be 15 or so blues mobiles

I think this one had a vintage KS plate, but I was a bit taken aback, so details wasn't in my vocabulary.
I think Polara, but the middle D (D O G E)on the back was missing, and it had a single exhaust. It had the spotlight, push bumper, the whole nine yards.

The actual original movie car is/was at Volo Auto Museum in IL for a long time.

"It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses." "Hit it!"

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Fix the cigarette lighter.

-
Back