SB Linkage

-

71Duster

Reaction score
Not sure if I have a c able issue or linkage.

I went back to the factory style kickdown on my Duster as I didn;t like the lokars shift change.

So putting the stock throttle bracket on and the mopar to demon linkage adapter I find I can't get wot I filed the holdes on the adapter a bit but no go.

The cable measures in @ 19" Is this a cable issue or linkage issue?

No one?

Maybe I wasn't to clear in the issue.

I put Lokar's cable style kickdown on and the AR Engineering style throttle bracket all with the stock/came with the car throttle cable.

I never cared for the way the Lokar made the shift points behave and just feel that the original style rod kickdown was far superior. So mine was all hacked I found a nice set on ebay and off I went all back to stock.

I bought the correct mopar to demon carb linkage adaptor hooked it all up and went to adjsut the throttle cable.

The problem is this.

Taking all the slack out of the cable with the throttle closed I only get 3/4 WOT

And in the opposite side if I adjsut at WOT it hold the throttle blades open 1/4 of the way when closed.

There just isn't enough adjustment with the metal sleeve on the throttle cable. Now on the old set up the throttle hook up was about 1/4 of an inch forward of where the demon/mopar adapter ends up.

Is a 19" Throttle cable correct for my car or is the linkage adapter a POS?

I'll try and snap a picture not much to see factory bracket and the demon to mopar adapter is similar to the holly version of the same. Should be able to get a pic tomorrow.

Went to NAPA today they can't even get me one unless I come up with the part number, Called Dodge got the part number and length which is 19 5/8 which might be my problem as my cable measures 19"

I ran into the same problem when we put the 360 in my son's truck. I took a tubing cutter and cut some of the tube off the rear, split and removed the piece I cut off. It let it open full throttle.

-
Back