SB stroker or BB storker?

-

Avispa

Reaction score
how bad of a storker could you build, some street use, but making money at these GA hole in the wall tracks.
stroker SB IE 408 or stroker BB IE 451

Depends on budget and al lthe other parts in the car, but you can build a hell of either one engine wise.

My 2 cents is the small block, but i think a big engine will make some serious power too, just the handling is better $ for $ wih the small block and easier to work on, but it is hard to give you a clear responce, this is an opionion question me thinks and you will get 1000s of replies..

if $$ is no object I would do a 440 stroker and go as big as I could and build the entire car to support it. But 10s and even 9s on gas and no NOS is doable.. in an A body with a stroker SB.

look
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=96470

=P~ I always wanted to stroke a 318 or a 340 what a rev monster they would be......I will do it someday.....8)

thanks for the input, but, won't be enough for where i wanna where go

then the answer is simple....build a bb stroker...i like the low deck 471...that has always been a ripper!!! ive never had one, and dont have much experience with big blocks, but from what ive heard and read, the 451 and 471 low deck strokers are very nice running engines that will last a long time...

thanks for the input, i'm kinda leaning SB, stock aircleaner, small camm, stealth ya know

The small block 360 will be limited in power out comapred to the 400. Both engines will fit and provide A\c power steering and be streetable for about the same cost. Weight penalty will not be an issue if aluminum parts are used on the BB, after market K-members are another weight reduction consideration. Check 440 Source and Reilly motor sports are two sources for references.

I know, but when ya raise the hood an ya see the dist in the back, no chrome, stock 72 aircleaner, the stealth look, I know the 451 makes moor sense, but if they see a BB, game over

then the answer is simple....build a bb stroker...i like the low deck 471...that has always been a ripper!!! ive never had one, and dont have much experience with big blocks, but from what ive heard and read, the 451 and 471 low deck strokers are very nice running engines that will last a long time...

Yes they run great!! A 470 low deck engine with deep breathing aluminum heads can make up to 800 h.p na.. Very light bobwieght and a 440 stroke make for a torquy big block that loves to rev...

-
Back