SB to 383 in original BB car

-

Dodge65500

Reaction score
I have a 69 GTS 383/auto convertible that has had a hard damn life. In the 70's, it caught fire and got a small block swapped into it, so it still has a SB K frame at the moment. I intend to use the Schumacher mounts to put a 383 back in, but i was wondering if it would be possible to keep the PS that had gone in with the SB. I heard that the BB cars didn't come with PS, but could they have PB? I have no build sheet and the fender tag was lost long ago, so unless someone has a Hail Mary pass for me, I guess i get to take some sort of creative liberty as to what it was equipped with, although i would love to return it to stock.

Lots do. There is a 90 degree fitting special to them on the box. You will need the BB brackets and such but is doable!

383 a bodies came optional with power steering and brakes. 440s couldn't get power steering, pretty sure no power brakes and only automatics.

My 69 valiant was originally a /6 car. Now with a 383 in it. I do have power steering but it made it very difficult to get my Schumacher headers in with it. Once their in they clear everything but I I did it over I would have put manual steering in. These cars are light,you don't need ps

I have a 74 /6 car with the Schumacher kit and ps, tight fit getting the headers in but it works. Just call Schumacher they are great on the phone and will give you all the answers.

Awesome! Thanks a lot, guys! I really appreciate all the input! I've historically been a b-body guy, so I'm sure I'll be back with more questions

-
Back