SBP Disc Brakes, What are they Worth?

-

MoparBrit

HillingdonDart
Reaction score
1971 Dart Swinger. Did the swap to large bolt pattern discs. Removed the existing disc brakes which are the small bolt pattern 4 piston type. Believe they are called Kelsey Hayes type? Car ran, drove and stopped great, just wanted to go LBP to match the LBP rear end I put under the car.

What I did was to unbolt the upper control arms, lower control arms, inner tie rod end, strut rod and brake hose. Took the whole assembly off in one piece. Well, did take the strut rods out on their own as they were in the way, but they are included. That mean that you would get the upper and lower control arms, tie rods inner and outer with sleeve, spindles, calipers and mounts, strut rods, discs with bearings etc. all still assembled. Basically the whole thing.

As I said, ran and stopped fine. No grab or pull that I could feel. I would consider though that you might want to repack/check the bearings, maybe kit the calipers did see some rub holes on the dust boots, replace the pads. You know, standard stuff just to be sure. If you are like me, you would replace the upper and lower ball joints and the control arm bushings. Basic rebuild stuff as they are getting on a bit.

What would they be worth? Considering selling them to offset costs and getting to be the only way to afford trying to get the Dart completed.

Cheers

Got a question or two on the brakes so thought best to post as well. Just measured the rotors and then called Checker/Shucks/Kragen to see what the specs are. Using my digi calliper in multiple spots I get roughly .815 on both rotors. Pads actually look pretty thick and new also.

The info I got from the auto store was as follows:
Discard at .780, Minimum turn down size is .790, New is listed at .810

I do have a couple of pictures of them sitting on the bench, but I'll need to figure out how to get them on this board.

Cheers

Hope these pictures work

Disc brake1.JPG

Disc brake2.JPG

-
Back