SBP Disc Conversion

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
1971 Dodge Demon, Supercharged 426 Hemi "Street Car" project

I'm finishing up my frame at the moment and pondering my brake system while i work. I'd like to keep my 5 on 4 (SBP) Wheels & Brakes when i convert to 4-Wheel Power Discs. The car currently has 4-Wheel Drums.

I'm going with a SBP Rear Disc conversion, using slightly modified Shelby Daytona Rotors, and possibly Grand Cherokee Calipers, if not it'll be Shelby Daytona Calipers & altered backing plates for the Drum in Rotor E-Brake setup. I'm still working the kinks out of that plan, and it changes a bit as i research other parts.

For the front of the car, i've got the Stock Drum Brakes (9" if i remember correctly), but i'm swapping the '71 K-Frame and everything on it for a 1973 "340" Disc Brake K-Frame (with Draglink, Power Steering Box, Spindles and everything else. 340/727 is still hanging on it too). But it's Large Bolt Pattern. I also have a set of Kelsey Hayes 4-Piston "340" Calipers on the shelf that i was planning to use on the '71 Demon with the SBP Brakes.

So what are my options/what can i do to convert to SBP Discs and use my 4-piston calipers too? I also have a '71 Duster with 10" Drum Brakes (eventually getting LBP 4-Wheel Discs and a Supercharged R3 Engine) if anything from it could be of use in the current project

1971 Dodge Demon, Supercharged 426 Hemi "Street Car" project

I'm finishing up my frame at the moment and pondering my brake system while i work. I'd like to keep my 5 on 4 (SBP) Wheels & Brakes when i convert to 4-Wheel Power Discs. The car currently has 4-Wheel Drums.

I'm going with a SBP Rear Disc conversion, using slightly modified Shelby Daytona Rotors, and possibly Grand Cherokee Calipers, if not it'll be Shelby Daytona Calipers & altered backing plates for the Drum in Rotor E-Brake setup. I'm still working the kinks out of that plan, and it changes a bit as i research other parts.

For the front of the car, i've got the Stock Drum Brakes (9" if i remember correctly), but i'm swapping the '71 K-Frame and everything on it for a 1973 "340" Disc Brake K-Frame (with Draglink, Power Steering Box, Spindles and everything else. 340/727 is still hanging on it too). But it's Large Bolt Pattern. I also have a set of Kelsey Hayes 4-Piston "340" Calipers on the shelf that i was planning to use on the '71 Demon with the SBP Brakes.

So what are my options/what can i do to convert to SBP Discs and use my 4-piston calipers too? I also have a '71 Duster with 10" Drum Brakes (eventually getting LBP 4-Wheel Discs and a Supercharged R3 Engine) if anything from it could be of use in the current project

Kelsey Hayes 4-Piston calipers aren't compatible with anything you have. It would be tons of work to engineer something when you could just buy the correct parts.

-
Back