SBP disc kits?

-

dodgethis12

Reaction score
Are there any reasonably priced kits out there that will allow me to swap my 70 swinger manual front drums over to discs and KEEP the Sbp?? I dont want to replace or redrill the axles and I could care less that is uses the SBP wheels. This is going to be a DD show its about budget and functionality....

try scarebird brakes... they do a bracket for front/rear with a parts list for discs/calipers/pads at your local parts store. There are several guys on here running em for the cheap/sbp combo. most are getting the front discs for about $200 all total.

The only thing that I wasnt real fond of was having to machine your current drum hubs and drill the new rotors for spb. Mine turned out pretty nice. Do a search here, there are quite a few pics & descriptions.

JOE

You can get an old set of spindles from a pre-1973 A body that uses the same upper control arm as the 9" drums, but uses a bigger lower ball joint, that's held on by larger bolts. The K-H calipers and rotors are available at Rock Auto and other places like that. Small bolt pattern.

The rotors are no longer available at Rockauto as of yesterday when I checked. I bought the last pair from them about 6 weeks ago and so far they haven't gotten any more. I want another spare set too.

So basically I would need to find a SBP car and steal the stuff off it. So the control arms are the same? Just ball joints are different?

Thr rotors are available, perhaps not through Rock Auto, but they are widely available. Please search the threads in the BRAKES section for info. on SBP rotor availability. Centric makes the SBP rotors for CHEAP and they are good quality units.

-
Back