Sbp Lugs

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I have sbp Cragars on my car and last night taking a lug nut off it split in half. These were new lugs sealed in a Cragar bag I got when I bought the used rims, the guy gave them to me {no charge}. Anyway I went to two performance shops to get a few more and they do have the 7/16 nuts but the shank is larger than the hole and will not fit.
Anyone know who would sell these? Or is it a only Cragar type lug.
Thanks
AL

Try a tire store. They should be able to get any lugs you need. :cheers:

I figured that a performance shop that sells rims and tires would be able set me up, they even checked the book and cross referenced the Cragar #s and came up with nothing. weird
Thanks again guy's
AL

Dude I have been to hell and back with these rims and lugs. I just went through a night mare with my cragers. I bought from newstalgia wheel some 15" 5 on 4" bolt pattern cragers.Last sat. I went to take the front wheel off and two studs striped on me. Sunday I took a dremmel and cut the lugs off with ducttape coccuned all over my wheel. I got them off and went to summit racing and got the correct lug nuts. Went to put them on and I stripped one and broke another. I had my torque wrench set at 60ftlbs just like crager said. I'm not the only one with this happening others on this sight have said they also have had these problems due to the lugs being so thin. I love the look of the rims but I'm not sure if it worth the hassle.

I just had a Cragar lug nut sheer off the head as I was torqueing it down. What's up with the Cragar lug nuts! I'll bet their made in China like everything else these days.

Jegs sell replacement lugs in 4 packs. Or you can go to a tire dealer as was mentioned and get them there. The Cragar website gives dealer locations.

Thanks guy's...I know about the lugs man these things are getting cheap, I can see maybe when torqueing them down but NOT taking them off..gezz I wasn't even using a impact gun.
I checked the Cragar site and they don't reconize any Canadain cities, or list any dealers...boy there is a loss of sales...
AL

ram250098 it sucks trying to locate things in Canada! Ultimate performance car out of Ontario should be able to hook you up with what you need. Their site seems to be down at the moment but the stuff they supply is unreal, good luck!

-
Back