SBP swap from drum to disc

-

dustadude

Reaction score
Hey guys, first let me say thanks for checking out this thread and taking the time to respond.
My question is this, I've got a 1970 Duster with SBP drums up front, now I'll save all the time of responses about it and say yes, I would like to upgrade to LBP but to due budget constraints right now, I can't afford to. But I did find a fellow member selling a SBP KH setup to convert my front drums to disc, and this looks like the best road for me to go at this time. I'll be able to upgrade to front disc and keep my SBP slot rims and tires for now.

That being said, will it be a straight swap as far as hardware is concerned, and if I wanted to get power assisted brakes, how would I go about doing that? This is my first car that I'm attempting this with so I want to learn as much as I can. I appreciate all the help and any responses from you guys.

Your upper and lower control arms will be the same, but you'll need to change spindles over for the discs. You'll need to change your master cylinder over from drum/drum to disc/drum, and change your proportioning valve (distribution block) over to the disc brake one.

To add power brakes, you'll need to use a master cylinder for disc/drum intended for power brakes. You'll need the booster, a vacuum line to your manifold for the booster, the bracket to bolt between booster and firewall, and the pushrod from brake pedal to booster.

-
Back