SBP to BBP brake clarification

-
Reaction score
I have been reading all over this question thats been asked a lot about small to big bolt pattern swaps.
What I am trying to find out is;

Can I buy a new big bolt pattern disk and swap it with the small bolt patern disk? Does everything else swap over?

71 Valiant /6 Factory manual front disks.

Edit: Yep, caught my spelling error as soon as it posted, cant figure out how to change it.

There is a post on here outlining using a mid 60's Mustang rotor to get 5x4.5 on the fro of 72-down factory disc cars.

Under your title there is a "thread tools" link. Click that to edit title

Can I buy a new big bolt pattern disk and swap it with the small bolt patern disk? Does everything else swap over?

71 Valiant /6 Factory manual front disks.

Nope. The spindles are different. Wheel bearings are different sizes, the track width changes between the two.

Changing over to the 73+ BBP disks requires changing over to the later spindles. Which requires different calipers, caliper adaptors, a new lower ball joint and either upper ball joint adaptors or the later large ball joint upper control arms.

Wouldn't drilling for 5x4.5 be easier

Not at all. Separate the 2 piece hubs, machine them, add material to support the new wheel studs because there isn’t enough, etc, etc.

-
Back