Scam alert!!!!!!!!

-

djwhog

Reaction score
:bootysha: 3+

I have some issues with my phone line. The phone company said that it will be fixed in the next days. I have a permanent connection on the Internet so it's better to communicate by email.
where are you located?

I'm Dan Stern, you emailed me about the '70 cuda on ebay.
The car is still available.
The car has a clear title,no damages, scratches or hidden defects and the engine runs great.
The price is $9,000.00 (shipping included)
Please tell me where are you located so we can see how we can do the transaction.

I've created a web album with pictures of the car. Here is the link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dd44hunt/70pbb1?authkey=Gv1sRgCM-V8qC4v4PNiAE

Oh yeah that doesn't stink! What an idiot to list that car at that price. Obviously some moron who has no idea about the price of a classic Mopar!

I've looked into a number of these scams. They list the car real low first for the big hook, someone who believes they are getting a steal. If you email with him further, you'll find out:
--it was his brother's car, and his brother just died/os dying or
--He is in the military and headed to Iraq/Afghanastan so he needs to sell it fast
--any of a number of other sob stories.

Then, after emailing, he'll pretend that he's going to use ebay finance, or yahoo finance, and send you a name and address to WIRE the money to...and there is no ebay finance or yahoo finance that does this kind of thing, and DEFINITELY never wire either thru moneygram or western union, money for a supposed car that you can never check out.

I have had someone tell me the car was in Jacksonville, Fla, and my cousin lives near there, and when I say I want him to look @ the car, it changes that the car is already "packed in a crate ready to ship" or has "been moved to the shipping companies New Jersey location.

And one of the reasons they set the price so low, other than the fast hook, is wiring huge amounts of money arouses the suspicion of the authorities, I think anything over $10k has to be reported and tracked.

BEWARE, these assholes are all over the internet, and local papers, and ebay, and......

FF

i came across a similer scam, 1996 inpala SS with 16k miles, for $4800

the guy gave me some story that he was in the hospital and that he would offer a full refund if i found anything wrong with the car after the purchase.

i told him i could come cross boarder to view it, but he told me it was in a shipping container ready to me shipped

i asked him how he wanted to do the transaction and he mentioned that i could send him my name, address and other info and that he would set it up through ebay....i knew it was a scam

after a few emails i had my lawyer send him a msg, and informed ebay

i had told him that his IP address was reported, as well as ebay was reported, also messed with him and told him that there is now charges on him for fruad...i got his IP and found out his adress and name,

pretty sure i scared the **** outta him considering after that he deleted all his emails, photobucket acounts, and his IP was no longer in service!thing to base trust upon when looking into buying a car.

i hate these low lifes, they make the joy of hotroding a hard

-
Back