Scamp out of comission for a day or 2!

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
The oil sending unit for my oil pressure gauge was leaking (AGAIN!)started checking it and found the copper line was cracked right above the compression fitting! :( This is the 2nd time in less than a year i've had this problem!Last time i was on my way to work when the line broke and i lost about 3 quarts of oil on the highway,what a mess :x It blew all the way back under the car and some of it actually came up on the rear bumper.If it happens again it's gonna get ripped out (Literallly)and replaced by an electric gauge. :evil:

THEWHITEZOMBIE said:
it got ripped out of the gauge or from the block?How did it happin?
The first time the line came out of the compression fitting,this time the line cracked open right above the compression fitting. :x

mine stay in great they just get pinched all the time so i hav to cut it new again or try to fix it i hate!nopw i run it on my fire wall then into a gromet in the wall an then along the inside of the car,it works great now but its still something to wacth out for! :evil:

I think where i screwed up is i didn't leave much line for the movement of the engine.I pulled it all out from the block to the gauge and i'm gonna replace it with a few extra inches so i can make a loop in the line to allow for the movement.

I did the same thing but i cut it so short that i couldnt hook it up to the gage so i went down and got a new little kit for like 2 bucks! :lol:and it came with all kinds of sizes of compression fittings

HawaiiDuster said:
Hey Kev is it running yet :p Rule of thumb when doing any kind of plumbing on a car, leave a little slack :wink:
Ive learned that the hard way :roll: my truck needed fule lines and i did set them up with any slack! :evil: well i learned! :scratch:

HawaiiDuster said:
Hey Kev is it running yet :p Rule of thumb when doing any kind of plumbing on a car, leave a little slack :wink:
No not yet.Didn't get to the parts store for the line and fittings yet.Should be ready to go this weekend. :thumleft:

-
Back