Scamp Repaired - Thanks QuickBpBp!

-

ValiantHardtop

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Some of you might've seen my posts a couple of months ago - I had a small crash in my '72 Scamp. I went under the back of a pickup truck at about 15mph. It folded up my hood a bit and smashed the grille.

I was absolutely panicking - They didn't sell Scamps/Dusters over her in Australia and I knew I'd have hassles finding parts to repair it.

Fortunately, a member on here really helped me out, sending a very good, complete grille out in double quick time. I also found a panel shop with a really skilled tradesman who hand-beat the hood back into shape without any filler.

I picked up the car from the panel shop late last week. Really happy with the result, and with the help that Brett (QuickBpBp) gave me..

Now to do some summer cruising!

NH

Your car looks great,love that color too. :)
Jim

Attachments

• 10530938_10154525728725437_7931810865382317385_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
Panel shop? Got to have a different term for everything down there huh? Glad you got it fixed, now learn to do it yourself. :D

Way to go. Members helping each other out. That's what this hobby is about. :cheers:

No filler? That is a great panel beater! Looks good. Now how about a side shot with those turbines?! :)

Yout Welcome Nick. Pleasure doin business with you and glad that grille made it halfway around the world quickly and safely!!! Oh and if you didn't use that nice extra trim keep it somewhere safe as I had many offers to buy it seperately....
Guy did a great job with the hood.
Thanks again from the land above!!!

Your body man has some serious good skills if he done that with no filler.
Glad the damage was not that bad.

Nice work guys! Amazing to think that you can ship stuff 1/2 way round the world and be back up and running quick!
Yeah those turbines and that color are a sweet match!

-
Back