Scamp thread

-
Nice '72 Nick! I've thought of changing my '74 to a earlier one then noticed you don't see many '73+ Scamps staying with the same front and rear set ups so I am keeping mine stockish.

Factory sun-roof car? That's gotta be a little bit rare. I've never seen a Scamp with one.
I've seen 2 '73+ Darts with a factory sunroof and only 1 Scamp.

P.S. Hello Harry :hello2:

Hot... Gets me thinking about a scoop for mine. I'd love a satin black Hemi scoop, but we have really strict emissions/"roadworthy"/modification requirements for classic cars in Australia and one thing I love about the Scamp is that it looks neat but doesn't draw attention from the cops due to scoops/big tyres/loud pipes...

Hot... Gets me thinking about a scoop for mine. I'd love a satin black Hemi scoop, but we have really strict emissions/"roadworthy"/modification requirements for classic cars in Australia and one thing I love about the Scamp is that it looks neat but doesn't draw attention from the cops due to scoops/big tyres/loud pipes...
heres a scoop idea.

Attachments

• 72.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 345
Some Scamp videos off youtube.

[ame]http://youtu.be/xhESSIcnFLo[/ame]
[ame]http://youtu.be/0FJ2bbaLivg[/ame]
[ame]http://youtu.be/6bGQlZhqS-w[/ame]

Geezus-that's a nasty one in that last video. Looks like that's a helluva grin generator.

i have posted this earlier in the thread but since I put some new wheels on it i figured I would post it again.

Attachments

• IMG_5114.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_5115.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 243
Posted earlier as well, but have added the track wheels and tires and a dual snorkel scoop. Weather is bad right now, so haven't gotten a pic with everything new in it yet.

IMG_0021r.jpg

100_2876r.jpg

Man, both those Scamps look great! The red '73 looks sooo cool with the white stripe and the new wheels are an improvement from the rally wheels. The green/black '72 looks fast standing still! I'm biased, but I think the shape of the nose of that body style is at the top of the A-body food chain. I like the blacked out grill.

I like the way that scoop looks
Thanks! Me too, actually. I went round and round trying to decide, then found a guy here with an original for sale, and already painted to match my hood. Couldn't turn it down.

Here is my Scamp came with a 318 auto on the column. Now its a 360 with a 4 speed. I recently installed a B body bench pistol grip and bought a new rebuild kit for the pistol grip and I just got my Six Pack hood scoop that Im gonna start on real soon.

My scoop is a bolt on six pack scoop, im gonna mold it to my hood once the scoop is installed and cut out my hood. Then the hood is getting the flat black treatment

^^^Nice man! Wish I could get a 4 speed in mine. Have to change headers and everything, but it would be fun!

Here is my Scamp came with a 318 auto on the column. Now its a 360 with a 4 speed. I recently installed a B body bench pistol grip and bought a new rebuild kit for the pistol grip and I just got my Six Pack hood scoop that Im gonna start on real soon.

Thats Seymour Scamp's old car I believe, if so I'm back to being the only Scamp owner around me lol. It looks good, I like how the pistol grip looks in it not sure if I'm keeping a bench when I have everything for the A833 swap or not.

Got some new pics today showing the hood scoop. Starting to come together pretty good now. Took the traction bars off this afternoon too, found that some old Shelbys had a pinion snubber on their 9" rears, so I ordered some parts to see if I can make it work on mine.

IMG_0027r.jpg

IMG_0028r.jpg

IMG_0029r.jpg

IMG_0030r.jpg

-
Back