scarebird classic brakes???

-
I bought a set..........Haven't installed it yet but for the money it looks to be a good deal. I'll put it on as soon as the weather changes.

I bought a set..........Haven't installed it yet but for the money it looks to be a good deal. I'll put it on as soon as the weather changes.

hey big slim, thanks
do you have a 5 x 4 1/2" bolt circle and are there any issues? thanks again

The reason that I went with them is that I could still use my 14X5.5 steal wheels and they work with the 9 inch breaks that come on a /6 car. The will-wood stuff all required me too go to 15 inch wheels, change to larger spindles, lower control arms etc and cost more to boot. I'll let you know how it works out when I get em on!!!!

You can keep your sbc , or go to 4.5 if you wish

been useing them for a yr, no problems.. only problem i had was finding a 15/16 bore MC and resdiual valve for the rear brakes...

For those of you with this setup, or planning on using it, what are you using for a master cylinder and proportioning valve? I was thinking of gathering parts for this over the winter. I currently have a brand new drum brake MC to replace a leaking unit. Not sure it makes sense to install it just to let it sit all winter and change it in the spring.

Other then the kit, what else do you need as far as MC & P-valve??

Well....if it makes anybody feel better, "GM" doesn't make brakes. They are either Bendix, Kelsey Hayes, or some other outsoucred company. Kelesey Hayes....hmmmm, that name ring a bell? I think the scarebird stuff is pretty innovative, myself. Using affordable, available off the shefl parts for disc brake conversions. Sounds to me like somebody finally used their noggins.

-
Back