Scarebird Disc Conversion Caliper Direction

-

hemiorange

Reaction score
I have been in the process of installing the scarebird kit on my '70 dart swinger and am not sure which side of the spindle the caliper is supposed to go on. The old instruction sheet I got (which was from 2007) says for the 10 inch drum set up that the caliper opening is supposed to face the rear of the vehicle but their website seems to contradict that.

Does it really matter what side the caliper goes on? Everything seems to fit with the caliper opening facing to the rear. Will it interfere with anything if set up this way?

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 294
  • image2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 271
I believe you will need to put them on the rear since you are running a sway bar.

when I did the Scarebird conversion my calipers fit on the rear side of the spindle , just barely clearing the tie rod arm,

I'll probably get disc master cylinder and disc proportioning valve. You can alternatively use an adjustable valve in line going to the rear cylinders - so I have read.

What rotor and caliper are you using I thought they were Chevy celebrity ones, but on the site they say Toyota Previa????

I think you will want the caliper bleeders towed the top or you will have problems getting all the air out.

What rotor and caliper are you using I thought they were Chevy celebrity ones, but on the site they say Toyota Previa????

I'm using the celebrity rotors and calipers. It looks like they modified the kit within the last few years, using the previa rotor which allows it to work with the smaller dog dish rims in addition to the rallye wheels.

Just did my conversation a little more than a month ago and my calipers are towards the front per the instruction I had. The one think I'm worried about its I'm planning adding a Hellwig sway bar so I don't know if that is going to work with my calipers in the front.

-
Back