Scarebird Questions

-

73dart_swinger

Reaction score
I have been speaking with scarebird about their kits. I have a 73 10" drum equipped dart. Their kits are for 65-72 models. They say that the kit will not work on my 73. Is there a difference in the spindle between 72 and 73?

right off the top of my head,the 73 ups use a different siz bearing,wich means the hub is different.Wich come to think of it,the hub is the drum on my 73 dart,not seperate like my 71 dart

If you want to retain small bolt pattern wheels, you'll need to likely swap out the uppers and spindles for an earlier set to use scarebird stuff.

The other option is to get a set of 73-76 A body disc spindles or a set of FMJ spindles. I have both if you want to run original chrysler parts/pieces.

I also have a set of 10" 67-72 a body spindles and uppers.

That answers my question then.

I am looking for a brake kit that will let me keep the drum spindles and would let me keep my 14" tires. Doesn't look like this exists unless it is ssbc and they are just too expensive for me.

I know I could use factory items but I would have to change the spindle. I figure that by the time I mess up my ball joints getting the spindle loose and replace those, get the car realigned, and buy the replacement parts for the factory stuff, I would be close to the cost of a wilwood kit. But the wilwood kit will force me to go to a 15" wheel and tire.

-
Back