School Me! Rope Style Oil Seal

-
@eekvonzipper How thick are the hardened washers you put under the number 2 & 4 main cap bolts, and where did you find them? I be needin some too. The 340 main cap bolts are too long and 273/318 bolts for a windage tray are made of unobtanium! :BangHead:

@eekvonzipper How thick are the hardened washers you put under the number 2 & 4 main cap bolts, and where did you find them? I be needin some too. The 340 main cap bolts are too long and 273/318 bolts for a windage tray are made of unobtanium! :BangHead:
I think most of them were .125 but one corner on Number #2 needed more I think I used a .125 and a .150 there
Grade #8 washers from Grainger or something similar

mic.jpg

Clean lookin little build!
Yeah? Thanks! It's getting a Racer Brown Commando Cam, 340 Valve Springs, Windage Tray, Melling Pump, TRW Solid Lifters and a Cloyes Double Roller.
Stock Iron Intake on top with a Carter 2bbl, Dual GlassPacks, Single Point Distrib and a 4-Speed behind it to a 7 1/4"/323 Rear.
All going into a '65 Barracuda that I rescued from the Hull of the Titanic!

Last edited:
Yeah? Thanks! It's getting a Racer Brown Commando Cam, 340 Valve Springs, Windage Tray, Melling Pump, TRW Solid Lifters and a Cloyes Double Roller.
Stock Iron Intake on top with a Carter 2bbl, Dual GlassPacks, Single Point Distrib and a 4-Speed behind it to a 7 1/4"/323 Rear.
All going into a '65 Barracuda that I rescued from the Hull of the Titanic!
That oughtta be snappy.

I think I have an NOS rope seal somewhere... didnt know what it was until I saw that pic .

-
Back