Score one for the wife and I

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We live out in the sticks and it is killing us driving the grand kids everywhere. The wife says they have to interact with other kids so they have to be driven. I have been keeping my ears open for a good car for the grandson and finally hit paydirt. On Sunday, we bought a 1996 Mercury Mystic for $500. This thing is near perfect and only has 62,000 miles on it. The gentleman that owned it is in the hospital and will never get out. The rest of his family didn't want it and just wanted it out of their yard. I drove it home the 20 miles from the purchase point and this thing is a very well maintained car. It's a little 4 banger that hasn't got enough power to haul the hat off your head. It is loaded to, power everything and A/C to boot, and it works. To top it all off, the grandson even likes it.
I near fell off my chair when he asked me to teach him how to general maintence. This is the same kid that only came out to the garage once while I was building the Demon for 2 1/2 years. LOL

Jack

............................ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

WOW !!!!! I guess we'll find a few deals like this in life if we keep our eyes open, but hokey smokes !!! (and it drew your grandson in too??? Unreal!)

Have fun with it Jack! :toothy10:

great score Jack, should be a nice efficient cruiser for the grand kid. Plus you can teach him some things, who knows maybe he will take more interest in the Demon!!

Great find Coyote Jack :cheers:
You must be living right bud :-D
You are a good papa :toothy10:

First thing I did was watch them change a tire on gravel :-D
Then move to air filter and keeping the car clean.

Gongat's Jack :cheers:

Tony,
He is 16 and goes for his license tomorrow. I don't think he will pass though, he makes to many little mistakes.

Boxer,
As long as that interest in the Demon does not include wanting to drive it, we will all be happy. hehehe

Tom,
Those deals are just not close enough together.

Mike,
There are those that think I am a terrible papa or G-papa. Most of the time I think they are right. Did I ever mention I don't like kids? LOL

Jack

Jack,
A couple of years back, my then teenage son and I built up a '63 Ford Shortbed Unibody pickup. The sweat equity that the kid put into it through his teenage years not only keep him from tearing it up but taught him the lessons of "value" too. It was one of the only things that he and Dad could agree on when he was that age. That 'ol pickup was sure good medicine.
Steve / MohorsePAR

Tony,
He is 16 and goes for his license tomorrow. I don't think he will pass though, he makes to many little mistakes.

Boxer,
As long as that interest in the Demon does not include wanting to drive it, we will all be happy. hehehe

Tom,
Those deals are just not close enough together.

Mike,
There are those that think I am a terrible papa or G-papa. Most of the time I think they are right. Did I ever mention I don't like kids? LOL

Jack
Jack, who you kiddin? Those of us that know you couldn't imagine you being a terrible papa.

-
Back