Scored some parts for the Fargo.

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I found a 68 Sweptline box with a tailgate that reads Fargo, which around here is very hard to find, and got it for $100. I found the ad in the Vancouver Craigslist, so after dealing with the ferry bullsh*t (missing the first boat by 2 cars, then the next day missing it by 1 car, then some idiot on the Vancouver side decided to hold up a ferry with a knife, so police came and made every person get off the boat, so they cancelled that sailing altogether, so I had to wait at the terminal for about 6 hours), I finally got over to the guy's place. Well not only did he have a 68 Sweptline, but he had some sweet B bodies!

The guy scored this big block early Dodge (Polara?) wagon for pretty cheap, and its a runner.

2.jpg

2.jpg

Under the tarp was an altered wheelbase Belvedere, but no straight axle.

2.jpg

2.jpg

Here is the truck he was parting out, and you can see us about to load the box onto the back of my truck.
What is it with people having 10 Fargo fender emblems, and not wanting to sell one measly little set to me? :( Do you really need all 10?

2.jpg

He also had two 64 Dodge Polara's in the garage, underneath a ton of parts. I think he has projectitis. Oh wait, so do I.

2.jpg

I think it might be a 62 440 wagon. Would love one of those. I was just looking at one of these on CL for $1500

Good score, Mike.

That sure was a heck of a ferry fiasco. Don't ya just love 'em?

Where abouts was this guy? Surrey, Coquitlam ?

I thought that I'd found a guy here that had a tailgate for you, but it was just a Dodge one.

You going back to Alberta soon?

Good score, Mike.

That sure was a heck of a ferry fiasco. Don't ya just love 'em?

Where abouts was this guy? Surrey, Coquitlam ?

I thought that I'd found a guy here that had a tailgate for you, but it was just a Dodge one.

You going back to Alberta soon?

I like how the only way to get off this island other than flying is the ferry, which only runs once every 3 hours, and when something happens, everything just shuts down.

The guy was in Maple Ridge.

Do you know which year the Dodge tailgate is from? If it has a handle to open it, I'd be interested. My tailgate has the chains, but I am going to cut the Fargo piece out and graft it into my chain tailgate, but I am going to put the box I just picked up onto my other Power Wagon, it is a 66 Dodge W300, 4x4 with duallys out back with a flat deck, and I want to take the flat deck off and put this box on the back. I think having 2 will be fun =P~

-
Back