Scottsdale, Arizona cruise nights?

-

4mopwr

Reaction score
I will be in the area this weekend until mid next week. I would like to check out any cruise or hangouts. Also stopping in Sedona.
John

I will be in the area this weekend until mid next week. I would like to check out any cruise or hangouts. Also stopping in Sedona.
John

There's The Pavillions car show at Talking Stick in Scottsdale every weekend, as well as a show at 67th Ave and Bell Rd. every weekend.
Both of these have been pretty big turnouts lately probably due to the huge auctions the next weekend of 1/20/18.
Both the Pavillions shows and 67th and Bell Rd. shows can be found online.

If you need help finding where they are let me know and I can help.
What will you be driving?
This road is real close to where you will be when at Sedona, and about 5 miles from my house.
This road is VERY popular for sports cars and motorcycles, and has to be my favorite of the local drives.

I drive this with a mildish 5.9 and OD trans.

IMG_0275.JPG

Last edited:
Trailbeast,
I will be in a rental! Flying in on Saturday morning.
Cool video! What were you driving.
Thanks for the info.
John

Just got back from Chandler hours ago .. Long drive .. Part of US101 is closed in Santa Barbara .. Took the scenic route through Barstow to get home .. That Mojave desert just never ceases to amaze me .. lived there 20 yrs .. Saw fog once that I can remember .. Today .. Areas of fog ..

@4mopwr If you have ANY time tomorrow, head over to the Pavilions. It will be jammed with incredible cars...

McDonald's Rock'n'Roll CarShow | Talking Stick Arizona

Agreed - last year at the show on Barrett weekend, I think every Pontiac was a tri-power - every Mopar was either a Hemi or a Six Pack - every Mustang a Shelby...lots of clones ;-) But a huge number of cool cars...and you can eat a good lunch or dinner at YC's Mongolian BBQ just at the northwest corner of the car show parking lot (south of the movie theater)

Trailbeast,
I will be in a rental! Flying in on Saturday morning.
Cool video! What were you driving.
Thanks for the info.
John

That was just a Youtube video I picked out to show you, so I wasn't on that drive.
It's hwy 89A between Cottonwood and Prescott Valley where I live, and really close to where you will be going from Sedona to Phoenix.

Just got back from Chandler hours ago .. Long drive .. Part of US101 is closed in Santa Barbara .. Took the scenic route through Barstow to get home .. That Mojave desert just never ceases to amaze me .. lived there 20 yrs .. Saw fog once that I can remember .. Today .. Areas of fog ..

The last time I went over that way we took my Dart, and left here in AZ and over to Paso Robles via the Barstow Bakersfield route.
Then Left Paso Robles, went down through SLO, the beach at Santa Barbara, and on down to pick up I10 over to Phoenix and back up here where I live in Prescott Valley AZ.
17 hrs one way on the way back just for the pure drive and some of the scenery.
I used to live in Santa Maria before I moved here, so I had to do a cruise through town and of course Waller Park.:D

Long drive in one day. but it sure was a blast.

Wow! It was really cool to see the local cruise! So much to see! And it happens every Saturday Night. Barrett Jackson was also going on this weekend and they had a trailer dropping of cars at the cruise night.

Thanks for the info guys!

20180113_173301.jpg

Last edited:
Ya know .. On the back home last Friday I saw a whole messa VW Micro Busses heading east through the desert .. Some in herds .. Barret Jackson was probly their destination.

-
Back